Users not staying logged in - FIX

Rules for all registrants regarding the use of Hawk Talk Angling Forums. Please take a moment to read.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Users not staying logged in - FIX

Post by Bobber »

I'm not sure about iPhones or iPads at this point. Doing this fix on browsers seems to work. I did make a change in the config the other day, so I would ask that you guys having problems try it once again and see if that solves the problem. Let me know and I'll keep working on trying to figure out the the heck is going on with cookies.

Regards,
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
highlander
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by highlander »

Rob/All,

I had this problem big time using Chrome... I had to do this to get it working again:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en

Once i had my list of cookies up -- searched for fish-hawk (2 options came up www.fish-hawk.net and fish-hawk.net) I wiped out the 4 cookies on each, restarted chrome and problem was gone.

I didn't want to remove all my cookies -- they're handy -- but this worked just as well.

Ian
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

highlander wrote:Rob/All,

I had this problem big time using Chrome... I had to do this to get it working again:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en

Once i had my list of cookies up -- searched for fish-hawk (2 options came up http://www.fish-hawk.net and fish-hawk.net) I wiped out the 4 cookies on each, restarted chrome and problem was gone.

I didn't want to remove all my cookies -- they're handy -- but this worked just as well.

Ian
Thanks Ian, yes this will work as well for those who wish to follow this process to clear it all up. thanks for posting.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

Still happening this morning from iPhone.

By the way
Canada 1
Sweden 0
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

LeGrand wrote:Doesn't work. Can't fix it.

Posted from my iPhone.

Not practical.
Define "not practical".....it does work..or at least is has worked for everyone else who's had the same problem. Try another browser, if that works, then it's a cookie caching problem with the browser you are using, and this fix should work if you've done it correctly. Let me know if the problem persists.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

Bobber wrote:
LeGrand wrote:Doesn't work. Can't fix it.

Posted from my iPhone.

Not practical.
Define "not practical".....it does work..or at least is has worked for everyone else who's had the same problem. Try another browser, if that works, then it's a cookie caching problem with the browser you are using, and this fix should work if you've done it correctly. Let me know if the problem persists.
Sorry. Problem is really with the iPhone linking to the site.

Not practical, because although I put-in the info to log-in, it jumps, most of the time back to the same page where I noticed that I'm not logged-in.

Don't worry about it. Problem surely on my side. No problem from laptops access.