Before you store your rods and reels, some helpfull tips

Various Tips either written by ourselves, or submitted by the community.
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

A tip for dirty/stained cork, if you ever want to clean it. Forget the sandpaper. Use a Mr. Clean "Magic Eraser". Get the 'eraser' wet, then lightly rub it on the cork. It'll take the dirt and oils from your hands or fish attractants right out and leave the cork looking brand new again.

Fix small nicks... you know, the ones that are always right where the tip of a finger is placed, just driving you borderline nuts... using fine grit sandpaper and then if it's a deep gouge, using some sawdust mixed with basic wood glue as a filler material. Lightly sand when it's hardened and dry.
C5
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by C5 »

good topic, excellent tips... I also open all the tackle boxes and put in those dessicant dryer packs .. ensure the plastiscs are well sealed.. if not I vacuum pack them.. I also vacuum pack the gulp packages cause I hate the smell when they inevitable spill:).. Good time to make list of what is needed for next season (more frogs:) )

I understood that if you used battery tenders you didn't need to remove the batteries from the boat.. I bought 4 tenders, one for each battery and have used them the past 2 winters without issue... am I fooling myself to save the hassle of removing the batteries??