Line Conditioner

Various Tips either written by ourselves, or submitted by the community.
fishboch
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Line Conditioner

Post by fishboch »

Just found this while surfing around.
Don't see any posts on it here yet but some of you may have heard of this stuff. It looks fairly new and seems to have some added benefits beyond just helping you cast further. also reduces line memory and reduces line abrasion.

Sounds like it's worth checking out.

Here's the article:

Cutting Edge Technology Triggers Fishing Frenzy

New Polymer Line Conditioner Catches Sport Anglers Attention.

Lewisville, TX (PRWEB) June 25, 2006 -- RMR Industries has just released the “Saltwater Formula” of their popular, Kevin VanDam’s Line and Lure – Line Conditioner. The line conditioner is applied to your fishing line with a simple spray. Once applied, it increases your casting distance by up to 30% and works on any kind of line, including fluoro-carbon, braid and fly line. The freshwater version of RMR’s Line Conditioner was co-developed by Pro Bass Fisherman Kevin VanDam and has proven itself in the ranks of the pro circuit as it is used in competition by many of the top rated professional anglers. Line and Lure Saltwater Formula is already used on the Redfish and Kingfish Pro Tours and is being praised by such notable anglers as: Capt. Pier Milito, The Watts Brothers, Dr. Tommy Lomonte and Capt. Bill Platt.

“The saltwater angling world found out how well Line & Lure Conditioner worked in their environment about a year ago.” explained Rob Faddis, President of RMR Industries continuing, “The Saltwater version took more time to research and develop because of the complexities of the saltwater environment. ”

RMR Industries’ chemist Isaac Moore stated, “Line and Lure Saltwater Formula not only allows you to cast up to 30% farther, but also greatly reduces line memory which in turn makes your casting more accurate. All this adds up to anglers catching more fish, more consistently.” Adding, “Line and Lure Saltwater Formula also protects your fishing line and equipment from UV radiation and salt corrosion. The hi-tech polymers in Line and Lure’s “super slick” formulation protects your fishing line from abrasion and therefore, keeps your line in “like new condition “ much longer allowing the line to retain its original strength and softness. The last thing you want to happen is for your line to break because of deterioration or friction damage, resulting in another fish story of how “the big one got away”.

Line and Lure Saltwater Formula is available at most sporting goods and tackle stores around the country. You can also purchase online at: www.lineandlure.com or by calling toll-free 1-877-221-9797.

RMR Industries, LLC
819 Office Park Circle
Lewisville, TX 75057
Toll Free: 877-221-9797
Fax: 972-221-9090
lineandlure.com

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/6/prweb403412.htm
goudieb
Participant
Participant

Post by goudieb »

I haven't tried this or any other product, but I have heard that WD40 works well as a line conditioner. Like I said, I never tried it personally, but after my last outing with some knots, I may try it for myself.

Search for the word "fish" in the following article on the many uses of WD40: http://www.twbc.org/wd40.htm

/Brian
Big-Ty
Participant
Participant

Post by Big-Ty »

Thanks! Very interesting...
However, I go through fishing line so fast, that it doesn't get a chance to deteriorate due to the elements. But if it's good for abbrasion resistance, and improved castability, it might be worth trying out.

I switched to braided line recently, and find that it looses its protective coating very quickly. I wonder if it might make it last longer...

In response to the WD40 thing... I've heard of some people using it as fish scent/attractant. Never tried it myself... but some people swear by it.
MattSymons
Participant
Participant

Post by MattSymons »

KVD Line conditioner...used it, use it. Seems to work well initially after applying but doesn't last very long. When memory coils or springy line is driving me nuts I give the reel a dose. Helps backlash-prone casting reels and reduces backlashes when the wind picks up.

***tip*** Cast your bait out on a long cast, then dose the spool...reel about half the distance to the boat, dose again...reel up to rod tip and give dose #3, much better than simply applying the conditioner to a full spool and it lasts longer.