Removing Skunk Odor From Your Dog

Various Tips either written by ourselves, or submitted by the community.
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Removing Skunk Odor From Your Dog

Post by Pints »

My neigbour is a Vet Tech for a well respected Animal Hospital here in Ottawa. This is what they use to treat sprayed dogs.

1 quart of hydrogen peroxide

2 tablespoons of baking soda

Squirt of lemon Sunlight dish soap

Use paper towels to soak up any surface spray that will still be on the surface of the fur. Sponge on solution, avoid eyes and ears. Rinse well.
Repeat if necessary.

This solution must be mixed up only when you are ready to use it as the hydrogen peroxide looses it effectiveness quickly. If you need to repeat the wash, you will probably have to mix a new batch.

Good luck
petfriendly
Participant
Participant

De-skunking dogs...COMPLETELY!!!

Post by petfriendly »

Last spring, my dog got skunked 4 nites in a row! Everytime I let her out before bed, she must have run into the same darn skunk! And, each time, I took out the "ingredients" to the online recipes I found...something like hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, etc. But each nite, she still smelled of skunk, just a little less.

Well, the last nite, I got fed up, grabbed her dog shampoo and bathed her. And, NO MORE SMELL! I mean NOTHING! We use Dogosuds and this time it was the peppermint tea tree variety. It was incredible. 4 nites of skunking gone in a quick bath!

Now, I keep it on hand and have only had to use it once more for the skunk stuff...but it's getting to be that season again!

We buy it online at http://www.dinovite.com but I think they have their own website at www.dogosuds.com too. I keep the smaller size one in my tackle box and it works really well when I wash my hands to get the smell off them too!