Fish-Hawk Announcement

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
Super
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Fish-Hawk Announcement

Post by Super »

Bobber
Thanks for everything you have done to make this site what it is.
I have meet many great fishing and hunting friends through this site
Have fun enjoying your free time now.

RJ & Luke
Congrats

David
i got worms
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by i got worms »

Huge congrats on your fish-hawk retirement Bobber! You should be very proud of this site and all that it has provided to the fish-hawk community!

Three cheers for Bobber!!! :text-datsphatyo: :text-datsphatyo: :text-datsphatyo:
I got 99 problems but a fish ain't one...
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Thanks everyone for the very kind words.

I'm very glad the site will continue under the reins of RJ and Luke. This place does indeed mean a lot to me, it was a very difficult choice to let it go, however we all know that change makes the world go around, fresh eyes fosters new perspectives, and I'm really looking forward to seeing RJ and Luke bring this site to a new level.

RJ hit the nail on the head when he said that he and Luke cannot make this site what you want it to be.....that's entirely up to YOU. He is exactly right. It is what you make it.

Cheers, and thanks again everyone for the kind words. They mean a lot.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
xped
Participant
Participant

Post by xped »

Thanks for doing what you did. This is a great place for me to get some great local info.

Good luck with what waits for you!
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Two, maybe three rods, a single tacklebox, a float tube and a shart tonne of drive to fish and learn about fishing is probably what I showed up here with back in the day. And although the site couldn't really help me much with the North's Mighty Moose River and all those other cricks, skegs and tidewaters explored over the years on James Bay, it could help in many other ways... You see, friends were made and great experiences shared, years of entertainment enjoyed, and in retrospect... this place had been a great motivator early on to take my own fishing up-a-notch. Fish-Hawk under your(s); and to some degree Mike's and Craig's, leadership has been a rather solid place to hang the hat dood. There are a good many people here who likely couldn't thank you enough for helping to influence who they are as anglers today. Take credit in that, you and Mike created this place and launched a good many boats to better fishy lives.

Best wishes for your health and family and enjoy "rocking out" of here. 8)

Bunk.
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Thanks bobber !
|Dore|
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

Wow! Some news....Miss a year miss a lot!

Best of luck Rob and thanks for starting this great resource in the first place!

I know my experience has been very positive and my fishing has greatly improved due to this resource!

Enjoy retirement, and Belated HB.

Tight Lines!
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
JasonK
Participant
Participant

Post by JasonK »

I haven't logged on since the fall but I have found this place to be incredibly valuable.

Thanks for all your efforts bobber and I'm happy to see the site will live on.