Ice fishing 4 lakers

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Turns out we might have a few more joining as well. I am totally game for lakers pending our plans change for specs and splake again this weekend. How far to the island on Silver?

Will keep my eyes peeled here.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Andrew,

There is only 1 island on Silver. Its right out from the public parking lot on your right off of hwy 7.

J
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Jamsers wrote:Andrew,

There is only 1 island on Silver. Its right out from the public parking lot on your right off of hwy 7.

J
Yes, I have fished around the island before during the summer months years ago. I don't know how much moving around were going to be doing with all of this snow so it might be safe to pick an area before heading out and just work it hard. Seeing as though there is going to be a few sleds out there it should be no problem getting everyone and gear from the trucks to the lake trout by trap train. Silver has always been a challenge for many, it will be fun to see what a bit of experience and determination can do for a few trout hungry anglers.

Hope I can make it out.
CityIt
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CityIt »

Okay so 6am on hwy 7 it is...looks like i'm getting up around 3am....ugh....are we goin to try and condense vehicles at all....??
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

I'm sure that won't be an issue.
I'm not an arse or anything. I'll hatch out at T-Ho's till around 6:15-6:20 ish.
Looks like I'm going solo. So I should have room.
But not if you have a clam, heater etc.

Just bring rods.

J
CityIt
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CityIt »

well no clam or heater here...few rods, small tackle box...I'm sure I prolly wont need my auger, after all it's only a manual...all my gear usually stays in the truck....never know....I fish whenever I get the chance....Whom ever I get a ride with I'll pay for their bait.....Mind if I grab your number....just in case i may be running bit late...Coming from Osgoode...If anyone needs a ride who lives on the way to Perth let me know....I'll be taking Hwy 43....