LeBaron Boxing Day sale

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Found everything I needed today, actually according to my wife I found more than what I needed!!!! I just love that store!!!!even bought my membership card
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Joe28
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Joe28 »

TroutnMuskieHunter wrote:
Joe28 wrote:

Its the most out of stock store that I've ever been to. By far. All the time... every section... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
From the sounds of it, you must go there a lot....must be for a reason, unless you just like going there for something to do

There have been times, where I've called to see if they have something in stock, and it was on back order, or they simply sold out because it was a popular product everyone bought...so be it!....big deal...that's the beauty of using a telephone and calling around!

I've also had them call the other 3 stores and if they had what I was looking for, it was shipped to Ottawa for me...
Yes, I used to go there a fair bit... usually just if I was driving by. I won't be going there anymore, especially after my firearm purchase fiasco this past fall.

I'd go in... they wouldn't have something... I'd ask for a few items just to try and pick up at least something since I was already there... same response... I'd flip through the catalogue... same thing... so its better really to just mail-order shop from the catalogue. Even better to mail-order from Cabela's or BPS since Lebaron's has the worst customer service ever.

If you just want to pick up a few lures then its usually fine... but most of the catalogue isn't in the store...
Joe28
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Joe28 »

Jamsers wrote:Yes but Bass Pro WILL order for you....LeMoron's won't!
"LeMoron's"!! :D That's great!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I'll just cut and paste my response from a thread almost a year ago... :lol:

Here's the reality....LeBaron's prices smoke everyone elses....mainly due to buying power and keeping costs low....they pay their staff pennies....so in turn....for the 9 or 10 bucks an hour they pay these guys...thats what ya get.....don't blame the staff..(most are FH members and will read this)...blame management and the owner....

Myself.....I never go in looking for help....I know what I want and need....I go buy it...and save myself a few bucks in the process...this day and age of information that is available to you on the internet....why would anyone ever rely on the advice of a guy makin 10 bucks an hour and has never actually used the item in the first place?....that's foolish....

To the guys who are staff that read this.....don't feel like you need to defend yourselves.....it ain't worth your time...

In the past year I've had nothing but great service from them....Jeff who is one of the managers mailed a Fenwick flippin stick back for me that had exploded on me.....Free replacement....no shipping charge....simply handed over a new pole....

I went in on Tuesday to pick up a bunch of oddball stuff that I needed for my trip South tomorrow....they had it all in stock.....I left there needing nothing...

One thing I did notice...is the prices have bounced back up to the CDN/US Dollar exchange.....

I'll never understand guys bashing a store that they say they will never shop at again....just walk away....I could give you examples of local shops charging 2 or 3 times the price for items....but why bother?....I'll just pick em up elsewhere and by them sitting on their racks for months maybe they'll figure out out.....

RJ
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

Image :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

Image :lol:
Now that was a funny reply :lol:
Gonna save this picture for future use :wink:

I shop there a lot. And sure, a lot of things are out of stock. But I find the staff just fine, and prices hard to beat.

Not to mention I'm sure I could find much better things to worry about then complaining about a store on the internet :shock:
Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

bradford2 wrote:Not to mention I'm sure I could find much better things to worry about then complaining about a store on the internet :shock:
I was just thinking that also. The roads were all clear and the weather was nice out and all you guys were inside for some reason on the computer. :?

Well at LeB's, their was a bit more people today and their were a few pro staffers from Shimano and Berkley. The gun shop was busy because one of the guys from the fishing department was playing bouncer and letting a few people in at a time.

And their was one item I wanted that they didn't have in stock so I guess I should boycott the store now. :lol: :lol: :wink:
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Jamsers wrote:No,

Badmouth LeBarons on here and "their" good little corporate peons PM you trying to be smart arses!!!
Jamsers, as was metioned by another response to this thread, dont blame the person who pm'd you, and calling him a peon is really not fair. I can tell you from what he said to you is him not being a smart arse, it is simply the truth. Yes the service by some is questionable and I have complained in a thread here myself but I have learned it is the owner of the company who makes the decisions and really doesnt give a flying you know what.

RJ is right, they have good deals on what is in stock, not everyone there is going to be helpful. The person to talk to there is Spencer, he knows what he is talking about an is always helpful, he definitely knows alot about fishing. In fact will go out of his way to help you. For example, I needed a transducer in a hurry for a trip to Quinte this year and I could not make it into the store to get it before it closed so I called and spoke to Spence and he puchased it, then met me later to give it to me so I would have it in time. He knows the frustrations people go through there but he is always helpful. Instead of bashing the store here, send them an e-mail or call their cooperate office and tell someone there. It aint gonna solve anything here and people are still going to go there regardless because of their prices .
Priorguy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Priorguy »

Joco.. your right.. I had a great experience until they would not honor the warranty as they told me when I dropped over 300.00 in rods and reels.
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

Well, even if they don't always have what I'm looking for from their catalog, those are things that do happen, but I can count myself a satisfied customer overall.

As an example, I went yesterday for a few small items from the catalog, and when I got there, well so di everyone else. One of the item I wanted was a Car window binocular mount (which happened to be stocked in the gun shop area). Unfortunatly for me many customers wanted to access the gun counter, but had to wait in line outside of the area. I tried to explain my purpose for access but was turn down (i.e. access). I met / bump-in the manager of the store (who recognized me) and explained my purpose, and he immediatly went into the gun shop area and retrieve the item for me and "voilà" I got my item and continued my shopping. I had another salesstaff go in the stock room to look for an item that used to be on the shelve, but missing yesterday. When he returned he mentionned that they were out of stock. I said that's OK, thank you very much for having looked.

How can I say I did not get great service from that store.

8)
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Well, well, well

I guess people are no longer entitled to voice opinions on here....

For 1) It wasn't 1 time I went in and there was no stock....it has been many times! Obviously once or twice over the years is reasonably. The fact everytime you go in to get items you can only get 30-40% is friggin sad.

Secondly, Steve next time you post a pic like that remind yourself of your constant whiny posts about your inability to stay logged in or your other PMS rants about this site....we'll then see where that pic should be used.
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Well it was a great boxing day at Bass Pro Shops.

Picked up a new Frabill Comando one man shelter on sale for $ 200 bucks. reg price of $280

Polar fleece jackets $ 15 each

Really cool LED lights, 72 LED light bar that runs on 4 AA batteries for 70 hours. $ 15 bucks each. Tried it out last night, 2 of them pretty much light up and entire garage. Bass Pro is the only place I have seen these lights.

I love shopping Bass Pro and can't wait for the Montreal store to open up. There is always about 50 staff on hand to assist you. and no membership required.
High Noon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by High Noon »

Hi Folks,

S.M.05 thanks for the heads up on the sale. With my Christmas gift cert. I did quite well at the sale. In fact my wife would say too well. Seeing as I went over the value of the gift cert. Here is the list.

Crucial rod. I always dreamed about owning one but the price kept me away. Gift cert.+13%off+10%off=dream come true.

Plano Guide Series soft shell tackle box Model# 4600. I have wanted one of these for awhile but I couldn't find the exact style for me. Well, Le Baron's is carrying some of the 2009 models from Plano already and this one is perfect for my needs.

One 300 yard spool of 10lb. Power Pro for my spinning rods. Man oh man is this stuff ever thin. I have never used it before, however, after reading about it on this site for quite awhile I have decided to put it on two of my spinning reel spools. I will definetly have to pick-up another pair of those cheap cheater glasses at the pharmacy to knot this stuff. 2lb. diameter. Holy doodle!!!

One pack of four inch senkos (Yum Brand) Yes I will be making it a New Year's resolution to stop purchasing soft baits until I actually start fishing them. This is my year to start fishing plastics for Bass.

As for the service. It was excellent. Not only for the expensive rod but also for the pack of plastics. I have been a customer of Le Baron's for a long time and have always had exceptional service.

Are they perfect? No. Do they always have everything in the store? No. I think we could probably say these things and more about every retailer in the Ottawa area, however, Le Baron's seems to be the only store to get bashed about it on this site. I don't know why that is. What I will say is that I always enjoy going to any fishing store. I enjoy Le Barons because they are close, there prices are very good, and the service that I have recieved has been excellent.

High Noon
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

I'm inclined to agree w/ RJ's comments on this 'Discussion' :roll: :roll:

If you're unsatisfied with the place, walk away!!!!, couldn't be much simpler than that!! :shock:

And upon reading the abundant comments in this thread,(and the numerous others just like it!! :roll: :roll: ), it seems to me that it's always the same people having trouble with customer service!! :shock: :P :twisted:

I know from my own experiences dealing with people that the ones who treat me with a modicum of dignity & respect will garner the same from me, and the ones who treat me like, 'Hey, minimum-wage Peon, serve me immediately with Boot-Lick obedience!!', are the ones who'll get the "F%#K You, I'll get to you when I feel like it!! Attitude, and quite deservedly so!!!!!

And as for boycotting their store, OMG :shock: , can bankruptcy be far away??? :roll: :roll:
MuskieWannabe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieWannabe »

I agree with RJ 100%, cut those guys some slack. Maybe they see you cry-babies coming in and don't want to deal with you....Maybe that's why you have poor experiences there...They don't like crying complainers and don't want to deal with you.

Maybe if some of you weren't so petty and foolish they would help you and maybe even order something for you. I've never had a problem there, but again, I'm not going in all peed off at everyone and thinking that I'm better than them all!

Rock on....