Naming of Locations on Fish-Hawk

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

fishin mission wrote:ya he threatened to meet me at one of those lakes ,,,,,,,,,,,,bring it on !
would love the opportunity! :shock:
who are you kidding man, you don't even have the Cojones to post a report with pics. 8)
Fisherman are the biggest liars.
PerchPredator
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PerchPredator »

I don't even know what's going on anymore, but I love it. :lol:
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Walker »

Where is this "secret "lake
As the fish say
"DROP ME A LINE"

Mark
GuinnessGuy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GuinnessGuy »

I missed the "outing" of Lake X, but I've read this entire thread. For what it's worth, here's MY take:

-if you recall, I posted a month ago, about "requesting" spots within your first 15-20 posts (I was found guilty of doing that as a newb, but have since learned better). Mods, do a Google search for "Quebec Peche" and check out that forum. They have an explicit policy/rule about asking for spots. I think (and it's MY opinion only) that if FH had a similar policy, we would stop alot of the in-fighting, and new members may actually stick around, rather than fizzle out after being lambasted for such a question.

-I tuned it too late. I still don't know where Lake X is. I kinda like it that way. BA and 24/7 make us drool with that lake. I appreciate that they post techniques, weather, depths, etc... That goes a lot farther in making ALL OF US better fishermen, than know the exact location of Lake X. I hope those posts keep coming.

-I agree that no one "owns" a lake. I'm a big advocate of lakes being open to public, whether there is an access point or not. BA and 24/7 didn't own the lake, but they certainly wished to keep it exclusive. That's ok in my books. Everyone should do their own homework when it comes to finding that diamond of a lake. I share spots, sure I do. But I won't give them all out. If I were to "happen" on someone's lake X, I would PM them for confirmation, and then be really happy to be part of an exclusive club.

I hope to find BA and 24/7's lake X one day. Whether by invite or by luck...

My 2 cents.

GG
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

Walker wrote:Where is this "secret "lake
all i know is that it is east of the Ottawa River. :lol: :lol:

GG, i totally agree you. if i happened on someones lake X i would show the same respect. 8)
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Naming of Locations on Fish-Hawk

Post by MLR »

Todd B. wrote:Unlike other fishing boards, FH has no policy w.r.t. the publication of fishing locations. While there is an unwritten code regarding this, as it currently stands, we as moderators are in no position to prohibit the identification of lakes/rivers in the forums. If people are concerned about this by all means forward your concerns to Bobber.
Exactly, if you don't like it leave, nobody is making any of us be a contributor or reader of fish-hawk.

Maybe its time for us all to review our personal values and compare them to the envirioment we put ourselves in, and if a particular online forum seem to go against your personal values then by all means leave and never return. Move on in life and either create your own site and make up your own rules or research the many fishing forums available and find one that doesn't challenge your personal values. But really who are any of us to come onto a forum and begin proposing rule changes.
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

GuinnessGuy wrote:-if you recall, I posted a month ago, about "requesting" spots within your first 15-20 posts (I was found guilty of doing that as a newb, but have since learned better). Mods, do a Google search for "Quebec Peche" and check out that forum. They have an explicit policy/rule about asking for spots. I think (and it's MY opinion only) that if FH had a similar policy, we would stop alot of the in-fighting, and new members may actually stick around, rather than fizzle out after being lambasted for such a question.
GG,

The Mods simply enforce the policy that has been put in place. As I mentioned earlier, members should talk to Bobber if they think it should be changed. Other boards will give you the benefit of the doubt once, after that you'll find yourself banned for naming specific locations.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

It should be ok to ask for fishing spots but naming of lakes could maybe be done in the form of PM's. the real problem on this site is that, very few of us post outings, pics and advice. the rest just sit back like a bunch of vultures. i realize that some don't get out to fish much but there are other ways to contribute.
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Big Bass 444 »

Another point right there...no policy on Fish Hawk about naming lakes or Rivers fished....I assume Fish Hawk will resume it's policies about it after this and refer to other site doing just so...wich I think is a good thing.

A moral aggreement in this case just don't work here as it stands right now. Bobber and the moderators can see it and I believe they just might apply this new rule to avoid this kind of confrontation.

Now this post came down to a guy or a few guys fishing one X lake and people liking the fact that they do keep it a secret...wich is fine and dandy.
The post is also about unsults as we get in lots'of threads on Fish Hawk..and even menaces...maybe the reason why we only get 10% of active members on here. The voice of this community can be real constructive at time but it is destructive or try to be against it's members
We have rules about this on Fish Hawk...and again we see that they are not inforced...lot's of intimidations that will scare people away or will keep them quiet.
When I post here it is often about something that won't please the community...but srangely peolple like the stirs it brings..like it was mention again in this thread.
I think it is clear that Fish Hawk might want to bring a new rule now about locations....as for other rules allready in place...some should really think about this...why should we bring a new rule in the community when we can't even respect the ones allready in place!
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

Big Bass 444 nice attempt at a diversion but this thread is still about you
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

There is no need for more "rules"..the ones in place now aren't followed anyways....or enforced.

If I choose to share my location in a report that is up to me....if I choose not to that is fine as well. It is your information...if you want to blab it feel free....I actually share alot of info via PM's here.....within reason of course....

444 blabbed the lake....that he also has private access to. BA and 24/7 understand he has that right to let the cat out of that bag....but just wonder why he would. Simple as that really. Clearly poor judgment in everyones eyes but Yan will live with it. He's taken a harder ride on FH than this.

RJ
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

THIS IS THE INTERNET SPEAKING

I REVEAL ALL SECRETS.....

:roll:
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Big Bass 444 wrote:Another point right there...no policy on Fish Hawk about naming lakes or Rivers fished....I assume Fish Hawk will resume it's policies about it after this and refer to other site doing just so...wich I think is a good thing.
It's not about policy's.

It's about respect (or lack of).

You're a moron B444... and yes.. that is me disrespecting you...

Any real MAN or real angler would not do what you did..

Cheers.. Now go and blow your horn somewhere else...

OR maybe make some of your videos with your flashy tournament shirt on... oh wait... did you start fishing tournaments yet? Or is it part of your master plan not to fish tournaments?

Go and drag some some bass around McBay on a stringer or something.
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Big Bass 444 »

Thanks for sharing! :wink:
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Big Bass 444 wrote:Another point right there...no policy on Fish Hawk about naming lakes or Rivers fished....I assume Fish Hawk will resume it's policies about it after this and refer to other site doing just so...wich I think is a good thing.

A moral aggreement in this case just don't work here as it stands right now. Bobber and the moderators can see it and I believe they just might apply this new rule to avoid this kind of confrontation.

When I post here it is often about something that won't please the community...
You are absolutely right, in order to have a moral agreement, all parties would need to have morals

What exactly are your intentions if you are proud of the fact when you post "it is often something that won't please the community"?

[/quote]