LeBaron Boxing Day sale

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
S.M.05
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

LeBaron Boxing Day sale

Post by S.M.05 »

Ah man talk about a hard choice Lebarons no tax sale + 10% off for members or ice fishing this boxing day.
Been messing around for 2 weeks with the truck and trailer so I can get
my new sled out and hit some lakes. After finally getting my wiring fixed up the wheel fell off the trailer the night I was heading out last weekend :x .
So Im in desperate need of some trout on the ice and boxing day I was planning on gettn my fix.
Now I just noticed the sale on the lebarons site and there are a couple of big purchases I have been planning on making.
I think my addiction will win though. :twisted:
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

And fortuneate for me, I will be nowhere near the Ottawa rip off retailer for outdoorsmen. I will be going right past Bass Pro Shops and catch the Boxing day sale.
rodbreaker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rodbreaker »

What difference will it make?they wont have what you need in stock anyway :roll: they never do.Go fishing and send the wife in to have a look :lol:
Dirty....mean....mighty unclean.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Thanks SMO5...It's too bad I am not a member anymore though.

Anyone see any Fish-Trap Guide covers for sale? I will be looking around for one tomorrow and then off to the lake!
S.M.05
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by S.M.05 »

Not feeling the Lebaron love :lol:
Looking at getting the ice 45 and maybe a shelter, could possibly save $200.00 or more.
Rod breaker is right about the stock issue though as the sale only applies to what they have in stock. :?
Damn the weather looks good boxing day.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

LEBARON BOXING DAY SALE!
LMFAO!!!!!

If you thought they had nothing in stock before hand imagine now!!!
LOL!!!

What a JOKE!
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

No problems with LeBarons, infact it looks like I will be going there to get my Trap cover in the morning :D Will see what else catches my eye.
Jasonb
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jasonb »

no problems with lebarons although the service sux, the stock is normally good... so no complaints other than the service... the products are good...
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Absolutely love the store ,,Great prices ............

Who can match or beat the prices on rods and reels ??????????

As far as service ,,demand to speak with spence dude . :) :)
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

Bass Addict wrote:Absolutely love the store ,,Great prices ............

Who can match or beat the prices on rods and reels ??????????

As far as service ,,demand to speak with spence dude . :) :)
i totaly agree
rodbreaker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rodbreaker »

Last 3 times i went there they didnt have the product i wanted(Which is in their cat)Had to settle for something else.They wont even order anything for you unless its a 500.00 G-loomis :roll:
Dirty....mean....mighty unclean.
Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

I went last year on Boxing day and the place was pretty empty.

Planning to go this year also. I guess I'm the only one that has a list made up of what things to buy and I have been waiting for the no-tax day for a month now.....mind you, it's a pretty small list this year. :oops:

In stock or not, it still beats being at the malls with the insane parking. :roll: :)
Joe28
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Joe28 »

Jasonb wrote:no problems with lebarons although the service sux, the stock is normally good... so no complaints other than the service... the products are good...
If by "the stock is normally good" you actually sarcastically mean that its ridiculously bad then I fully agree.

Its the most out of stock store that I've ever been to. By far. All the time... every section... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

I haven't been to Lebarons since they were in Bells Corners.

I use to like the store, making a stop there every time we took a trip to Ottawa. I had the catalogs every year. However I was beginning to notice a change in the store's staff & product lines as well as trying to attract customers other than hunters and fisherman.

Basically you had to do your own homework on items you were interested in prior to going there, counting on a knowledgeable person from staff being there to help with questions was a mistake.

I'm not boycotting the store, nor do I have an "Ax To Grind" with Lebarons and wear it on my chest as some in here do. It's just that Bennett's, Paddletales and Bait Casters are closer to me and I've had no need to go to there.

DropShot'r
Priorguy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Priorguy »

I think it is the small town atmosphere that Bennett's and others have going for them. They take an interest in what you are looking for and make countless suggestions based on what they know.

I was there on Monday looking for ice line. I thought well this should be a simple task. I explained that I was using a black braided line and it was icing up all the time. The chap at Bennett's got me two types of line including some spray which I would never know about unless I went there and it did the trick.

Tried the new line and spray out yesterday and what a difference. I won't publish pics nor a report because of past report experience but will say the new line pulled 14 eyes through the hole all nice size and never once did it freeze up.

It was worth the extra drive for me to go to Bennett's. I think since Labarons moved to a bigger store they forgot about the small guy's and are only after sales.....

:lol: