archery

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
hiriama
Participant
Participant

archery

Post by hiriama »

Some general tips and principles on archery? My younger brother he made a handcrafted "bow" toy out of a hanger; the string is a strip of some stretch fabric and the arrows are wooden skewers. He's obviously not practicing it as a sport but it seems he likes doing it. I'd appreciate some very general tips or principles on archery that can be applied even with his rudimentary bow. I've googled it but all the info I found was related to sport archers and professional bows we can't afford to buy.
Last edited by hiriama on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: archery

Post by cprince »

hiriama wrote:Some general tips and principles on archery? My younger brother he made a handcrafted "bow" toy out of a hanger; the string is a strip of some stretch fabric and the arrows are wooden skewers. He's obviously not practicing it as a sport but it seems he likes doing it. I'd appreciate some very general tips or principles on archery that can be applied even with his rudimentary bow. I've googled it but all the info I found was related to sport archers and professional bows we can't afford to buy.
This reminds me of the time I made underwear out of razor wire, tequila and an angry weasel.

Good luck... and aim it away from the house.

Craig
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

CPrince "Aim it away from the house" You owe me a keyboard.

My uncle is probably turning in his grave now. Cause I made a nice small hole in the side his brand new trailer on a ricochet shot. And we had a tailless squirrel at are campground when I was young. My parents took that bow away from me in a hurry.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Mike M
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mike M »

I "accidentally" 8) shot my sister in the arm when I was a young fellow. The last vision I have of that bow when my dad got home was seeing it fly over the roof of the house.
ELLIS
Participant
Participant

Post by ELLIS »

G'day hiriama,

How old is your brother? Where are you located? Might be able to help if you are close by (Ottawa).
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

The OP obviously wants people to see his website hint hint hint.

Trolling is not only a fishing activity, it is also engaged in by all kinds of folks on the Internet..............

And maybe, just maybe, this guy with exactly ONE POST on this board might be a TROLL.

Or not. :roll:

Doug
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

Doug wrote:The OP obviously wants people to see his website hint hint hint.

Trolling is not only a fishing activity, it is also engaged in by all kinds of folks on the Internet..............

And maybe, just maybe, this guy with exactly ONE POST on this board might be a TROLL.

Or not. :roll:

Doug
X2
Excessive compulsive dropshot fisherman
Dcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dcaster »

WTF kind of post is this...? Isn't this the classifieds ? Isn't this a fishing forum ? I think this post should be removed. If i was a mod i would remove it.......he couldn't of found an archery forum ? This is like telemarketing on a forum. I would of rather him just said hey guys check out my site and post a pic of some hot chick.....that would of worked on me for sure.F.D.A.......feel free to use your imaginations to figure out what FDA means.