Not to be rude

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Not to be rude

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Just wondering something,

If people offer an open seat for fishing:

1) Should they NOT allow you the time to respond? Like 2 e-mails before 7AM?

2) If I am looking to fish with someone I'd like a reply....not 100 posts with excuses why people can't...thanks for sharing though :roll:

Look I am not trying to ruffle feathers here. I am trying to say that some people here have VERY busy lives and fishing time becomes a premium. (In my case it is).

Therefore allow the courtesy of letting people respond in an adequate amount of time and also for those seeking do not post you can't or why you can"t....

Many times I have opened messages where I am looking to fill a seat, see a response and all I see is reasons why people can't.

and if its an open seat....treat it as that....not..."well its open to one of my clique"
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Not to be rude

Post by fatluke »

Jimmy_1 wrote:Just wondering something,

If people offer an open seat for fishing:

1) Should they NOT allow you the time to respond? Like 2 e-mails before 7AM?
I would say they can allow as much or little time as they like. Maybe someone already replied instantly, maybe their buddy just called and the seat was filled that way, etc. They're offering an open seat cause it's open. If it gets filled in anyway, than it's not open anymore. It's up the the poster to deal with the open seat however he/she wants to.
Jimmy_1 wrote:
2) If I am looking to fish with someone I'd like a reply....not 100 posts with excuses why people can't...thanks for sharing though :roll:
I'm sure if someone had the time to search through past posts, there would be a few from you that say you can't cause you're in a body building contest, you're biking across the world, you're shining your uncles Royce, etc, etc.
Jimmy_1 wrote: Many times I have opened messages where I am looking to fill a seat, see a response and all I see is reasons why people can't.
Show us these many posts of yours.
Jimmy_1 wrote: and if its an open seat....treat it as that....not..."well its open to one of my clique"
Again it's up to the poster to decide who they take.

If I posted an open seat, and you were the only one to reply... well I'm sure you get it.

Dude why don't you just go fishing or something. Everyone is busy, but we find a lil time here or there to wet a line.

You are not the right person to be whining about people posting replies. Take a look into your past posts.........I would guess 90% of your replies are not to the effect of the original topic, and and the same 90% are on threads not related to fishing.

Give it up already.
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
|Dore|
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Luke,

I think you are the one to give it a rest.

We're all well aware you cannot resist taking shots at me...

GROW UP...
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

Jimmy, i understand your concern. in my case you sent a PM at 11pm the night before, indicating you and your woman wanted the empty seat. do you think that is fair when one seat is offered that you insist on filling 2? sometimes when i offer an open seat, no one takes it. so when i get an individual looking to take one seat and they confirm it, then they go before someone fills one seat with 2 people.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

moonshine wrote:Jimmy, i understand your concern. in my case you sent a PM at 11pm the night before, indicating you and your woman wanted the empty seat. do you think that is fair when one seat is offered that you insist on filling 2? sometimes when i offer an open seat, no one takes it. so when i get an individual looking to take one seat and they confirm it, then they go before someone fills one seat with 2 people.
Moonshine....

This is not just 1 case my friend and not pointing fingers at all....
Nor am I upset.

I was just trying to state something is all. I too have had other similar experiences and am also guilty of filling up a seat.

All I was trying to say was that rather than see a ton of reasons WHY people cannot go in reply to posts we see people saying yes.
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Jimmy had a good topic ! now it's garbage ! DELETE !
|Dore|
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

people comment on those posts because they realize that open seat is a very attractive one. i would rather someone tell me, that they wish they could take the seat, rather than get no responses. cause if i were to get no responses to an open seat post, then i would stop offering them. as long as people regretfully decline, you know that there is interest
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

moonshine wrote:people comment on those posts because they realize that open seat is a very attractive one. i would rather someone tell me, that they wish they could take the seat, rather than get no responses. cause if i were to get no responses to an open seat post, then i would stop offering them. as long as people regretfully decline, you know that there is interest
Amen.

And Jimmy, to solve your problem of not wanting to read reposnses of why people can't fill the open seat.......... DON'T READ THEM.

Plain and simple.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

fatluke wrote:
moonshine wrote:people comment on those posts because they realize that open seat is a very attractive one. i would rather someone tell me, that they wish they could take the seat, rather than get no responses. cause if i were to get no responses to an open seat post, then i would stop offering them. as long as people regretfully decline, you know that there is interest
Amen.

And Jimmy, to solve your problem of not wanting to read reposnses of why people can't fill the open seat.......... DON'T READ THEM.

Plain and simple.
1) Don't tell me what to do.

2) Did your mother ever teach you not to say anything if you don't have something noce to say?
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

It's true tho that when someone has an open seat ! It's always like.........

Ahhhhh I wish I was not working !

Sure love too but I'm moving tomorrow ect ect ect !

The guy litteraly put it in the Topic subject line ( not to be rude) ! :)

My 2 cents ladies :wink:
Last edited by Dore on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
|Dore|
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

Jimmy_1 wrote:
fatluke wrote:
Amen.

Plain and simple.
1) Don't tell me what to do.

2) Did your mother ever teach you not to say anything if you don't have something noce to say?
Not to be rude but

I believe both your points 1 AND 2 are contradictory to your original post?

:roll:
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Dore819 wrote:It's true tho that when someone has an open seat ! It's always like.........

Ahhhhh I wish I was not working !

Sure love too but I'm moving tomorrow ect ect ect !

The guy litteraly put it in the Topic subject line ( not to offend anyone) ! So stop being pus*** :)
No but its Luke we're talking about...and whenever I post something he's gotta do his BRAVADO....
Hollywood
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hollywood »

If someone makes up his mind to offer an open seat to a fellow boatless angler because he makes up his mind at 8 or 9 PM the night before to go out on the water and decides to offer up the chance for someone to go, who cares if there's not a lot of time to respond, etc. I think it's awesome that people even offer it!! As a boatless, shore bound angler I greatly appreciate it anytime someone offers to take me out on the boat. If I missed an opporunity because someone posted late, too bad for me! They didn't have to offer anyway.
Fishing is a heritage we need to teach. Take a kid fishing! And take me too while you're at it.
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

What my mother taught me is..... "Tell it like it is"............

However this is a family site, so I can't really say everything "like it is".

I have taken your advice and grown up.
I'm done.