MODS: Does My Daughter Offend You?

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

MODS: Does My Daughter Offend You?

Post by cprince »

I understand that there is some cleaning up to do.
I understand that there are people that need correcting.
I understand that I have been in the correcting bin at times.
I understand that this can be a daunting job.

What I don't understand is my daughter wanting to show her friends in school our fishing report that was posted August 18th with many pics... and the thread is deleted.

What gives?

The thread in question was titled;

Pictures - No Report (August 18th)

If someone posted something within the thread that was not in keeping with this forums code of conduct... then please delete the post.... not the entire thread.

So... back to the questions at hand;

Why was my entire thread deleted?

Did my post contravene the code of conduct?

This sites strongest point is the reports that people take the time to construct and share with the rest of this community. I like to go back and read some of mine and other peoples old reports... especially in the winter.

So please put my report back up.

Craig & Emily
bm_attar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bm_attar »

Perhaps the mods got jealous of all the nice fish?
I hope they keep backups. It was a really nice report (I mean pics, with no report) :)

BM
"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

You should've sent your concerns to the MODS...no?....
If Winnipeg gets a hockey team, Toronto will want one too.....
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

bm_attar wrote:Perhaps the mods got jealous of all the nice fish?
I hope they keep backups. It was a really nice report (I mean pics, with no report) :)

BM
Thanks BaH-SEEEEeeem!

I hope so too... but up to now nothing but chirping crickets...

Mention something about eating a Musky... and they are all over you like Bill Clinton on a blue dress.

Craig
Last edited by cprince on Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

slop wrote:You should've sent your concerns to the MODS...no?....
Have in the past... The only one to EVER reply is no longer a mod.

Besides... removal of threads for no apparent reason should be a community issue.

Craig
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Drop them another note....collectively they should be able to address your concerns and enable your report, less the comments that may have had it yanked.
If Winnipeg gets a hockey team, Toronto will want one too.....
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

I remember the report - was a nice report - lotsa nice bass caught etc, Quality time taking your daughter out fishing.
I'm sure it wasn't the original post that caused the yank, unless the Taliban are running this place. :?: :?

I'm also curious why it was deleted.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

If your Daughter was going to show her friends at school the thread in question .....then the Mods removing it was a blessing in disguise

Remember the reply...........women are good at lipping bass ..and you know what else ????? :oops: :oops:
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dead_weight »

cprince .. I'm still laughing at your line about Bill Clinton ... funny ... I forgot about that guy ... indeed bring back the post .. after all thats the point of the site.
horsehunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by horsehunter »

If one person screws up a thread the Mods should delete the post not the thread and the person should be given a time out like the child he is.
I love golf it keeps thousands of unworthy off the water
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Bass Addict wrote:If your Daughter was going to show her friends at school the thread in question .....then the Mods removing it was a blessing in disguise

Remember the reply...........women are good at lipping bass ..and you know what else ????? :oops: :oops:
That was my reply BA and it was not meant the way some are interpreting it. I also posted this with it

SHE COULD KICK CHUCK NORRIS'S BUTT FOR SURE. She lips them like a pro..maybe she can teach you how to do it!

That was the what else!!! I am sorry that I now have to make sure every single sentence will not offfend in any way possible even the ones who obviously think outside the box :roll:

I had asked the mods to delete my post only if it has raised a concern.

Sorry Craig but that was not the thought I thought some would think with that. Really I guess I did not think some may see it as a sexual thing :oops: It was your daughter and I did not think like that at all :? :roll:

Sad sad indeed. Well if off shoot comments are now being misunderstood then I will have to waive my right to a fair trile and post congrats only. How many ways can that be interpreted!!! :?:
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

almontefisher wrote:
Bass Addict wrote:If your Daughter was going to show her friends at school the thread in question .....then the Mods removing it was a blessing in disguise

That was my reply BA and it was not meant the way some are interpreting it. :?:
Don't worry Peter.....only BA and the mod mis-interpreted it :wink: 8) :D
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Well someone else did for sure because I received a warning for it. Again if it upset some then I deserve the warning but really why would anyone think of that situation in a post about a members child?? I am very disgusted at myself now because of how some people saw my comment. I am also disgusted at the fact that someone would interpret it that way. :?

Bring the post back and remove my post only. Or I will remove it as well. I am sure people on here who know me will know that was not my intent. Can you tell this is really bothering me.

Even worse is why someone would go right to the mods and not ask me via pm to remove it. If they would have explained how they saw it I would have removed it right away and would not have to be warned 11 days later and almost get booted off for it :evil:
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

LOL!

That SUCKS Pete....

They'll remove everything now.
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

almontefisher wrote: ...If they would have explained how they saw it I would have removed it right away and would not have to be warned 11 days later and almost get booted off for it :evil:
It likely took the mod in question 11 days to get around to reply to the complaint... they *must be* bombarded with messages like that.

All I can tell you... I didn't complain. I have only complained once... and it was a personal attack that I stuck my nose into. Nothing happened. Never got any reply or was there any indication that it was treated in any way shape or form.

Anyone find a mod yet?

Craig