Local Tournament controversy! On Video

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
thewhistleblower
Participant
Participant

Local Tournament controversy! On Video

Post by thewhistleblower »

Check it out! A big name in the local Tournament scene in some hot water with Berkley B1 !
Watch the video and post your comments.
This fellow is signed up for Renegade Bass for 2014. May be why the registrations for Renegade are low for the 2014 season. Who wants to fish against a possible cheat! I have heard that he is banned from B1 events for 2 years which in my opinion is not enough and he should be banned for life from all competitive fishing events as once a cheat always a cheat and he can't be trusted! He placed 2nd in the event shown in the video and cashed a $10,000 check.
Everyone keep an eye out if you are competing in any event against him!

http://www.bbcboards.net/bbc-lounge/423 ... video.html
cndbasshunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Local Tournament controversy! On Video

Post by cndbasshunter »

i saw the video and i can't see any significant advantage. the tournament comittee should place all fish into the weigh in scale and not the angler.
FishToLive
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by FishToLive »

It's simple, the saying I came up with years ago:

"Where there's money, there's corruption"

If these guys cheated in front of the cameras, just imagine what they did behind the cameras...
FishToLive
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by FishToLive »

cndbasshunter wrote:i saw the video and i can't see any significant advantage. the tournament comittee should place all fish into the weigh in scale and not the angler.
Rewatch the video....at 1:30, he is holding the fishes with 2 hands, keeping the fish's mouth full of water when they are added in the tank...
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

cndbasshunter wrote:i saw the video and i can't see any significant advantage. the tournament comittee should place all fish into the weigh in scale and not the angler.
Exactly!

This is not a cheat, all fish put in the tank went tail first at this event. Gills may have been pinched shut to minimize damage due to flaring. I'm unsure how big the fish slot was but it don't look that wide, I can see how big bass may get gills stuck on the opening of the slot.
evinrudedude
Participant
Participant

Post by evinrudedude »

Well let me tell you I know him personally as well as many other members on this board and as far as I'm concerned this is just an act of jealousy from another angler who could not possibly compete with his skills. He is not a cheater and I hope you have the balls to man up and tell him face to face that he is a cheater but I'm sure you will just hide behind your computer like a little girl. He has done more for local fishing and local fishing business that most I know. If anything he elevated the reputation of Renegade so I wouldn't blame low registrations on him. For the record they have had difficulty filling registrations because of cost plain and simple. Some people just get off bringing others down...you should be embarrassed and tarred and feathered. Myles
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

Probably the only post we will ever see from thewhistleblower.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

evinrudedude wrote:Well let me tell you I know him personally as well as many other members on this board and as far as I'm concerned this is just an act of jealousy from another angler who could not possibly compete with his skills. He is not a cheater and I hope you have the balls to man up and tell him face to face that he is a cheater but I'm sure you will just hide behind your computer like a little girl. He has done more for local fishing and local fishing business that most I know. If anything he elevated the reputation of Renegade so I wouldn't blame low registrations on him. For the record they have had difficulty filling registrations because of cost plain and simple. Some people just get off bringing others down...you should be embarrassed and tarred and feathered. Myles
These people have no balls and they never "man up".

Registration for Renegade is always low at this time of the year.
The registration list is updated as people sign up.
73 Teams participated in 2013. We will have just as many if not more teams in 2014.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

Furthermore, the title of this thread is very misleading.
Some will think the video was made specifically to catch cheaters.
The video is a replay of the live stream of the event.

Some (insert a few derogatory words that describes thewhistleblower) decided that he would stir the pot with what he believes to be someone cheating at a tournament.

Myles said it best, thewhistleblower is just another angler who can't compete and has no balls.
Last edited by StarTzar on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seabass81
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Seabass81 »

When you win there will always be doubters and there will always be guys calling you out on cheating. These are 2 awesome fisherman that I look up too and truly that this was not done on purpose . Renegades competition has just gotten tougher !
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scarkner »

There's no cheating here.

You can see the gills are open. The person was just handling the fish carefully and ensuring they fit in the small hole at top of the tank.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

Let's see if thewhistleblower can find something wrong with this video.

StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

Here is one more for thewhistleblower.
(This will be my last post to this thread)

Records Crushed in Morrisburg for Renegade Bass’ First Event of 2013
Team of Charles Sim and Nigel Touhey win big with 27.24lbs

O T T A W A , C A N A D A – June 24, 2013 – Renegade Bass, the leader in live release bass tournament fishing in Canada, is pleased to announce the results of the 1st qualifier of the 2013 tournament season presented by Ranger Boats, Orleans Boat World & Sports and Evinrude BRP Motors.

On June 22nd, 2013 seventy-three of Canada’s best bass fishing teams converged in Morrisburg, Ontario to take on the historic St. Lawrence River to cast for over $17,000 in cash and prizes. One angler in particular, Ranger and Evinrude BRP pro Charles Sim has made it an extra special day by winning on his birthday fishing with his long time tournament partner and friend Nigel Touhey. Sim and Touhey also set a record in the process weighing in 27.24lbs – the highest weight ever for a Renegade Bass single day tournament.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Old news whistleblower.

It's already been hashed over and over. Believe what you want.

The B1 exec completely dropped the ball on this whole situation.

To the whistleblower. Be man at least if you are going to make these accusations, use your real name.

RJ
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

The video speaks more of errors by the B1 than any wrong doing by Charles. No way should the anglers be placing the fish in the chute. If you watch the entire video rather than just 1 angler you will see the same as Charles over and over. Also, if the committee truly thought he had cheated, he would have been disqualified rather than his reweigh disallowed. That action seemed to me to serve absolutely no purpose.

I look forward to fishing against Charles and have absolutely no concerns about his integrity on the tournament trail.

Now, fishing against someone who hides behind a handle and tries to stir up a controversy where there is none, well, that's another matter.

Ed Puddephatt
Save a bass. Eat a chicken