Jimmy sez: I like this Gar Thread

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Congrats to Rob Jackson

Post by smitty55 »

First off, congrats to Rob and Justin for the article. We can be sure of great pics as well. I'll buy the mag. :)

With no disrespect at all to Superdad...
As for this, or any other thread taking a wrong turn, which seems to happen rather easily at times for whatever reason, I personally feel that some of the onus first falls on the OP to manage their own thread and keep it on topic. Probably shouldn't have to but it does happen. I'm no expert on forum best practices but isn't that the right of an owner of a thread to request that comments and opinions be related to the thread topic. If that doesn't work then we have Mods to ensure proper decorum.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Mike P
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike P »

If this really has to be explained to you Jimmy then you don't have the ability to understand in the first place. It was never about the " Gar Wars " but rather showing some respect for Justin and Rob's accomplishments. Remember Jimmy, the respect that you say F_H never has? I'm done with this Jimmy and giving you any more attention that you strive so hard for.
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Jimmy sez: I like this Gar Thread

Post by Chevy Champagne »

this is plain pathetic, in stead of being happy for someones accomplishments you say oh ya this is alright... bunks is better....
cmon man
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Eh?

Where did I say I wasn't happy for someone's accomplishments?

For the record I think this is great and very original for an article as I personally have never seen one in OOD. I stated I look forward to reading it.
Rob has been catching some serious quality gar for years and for the most part I have posted congrats to those accomplishments. SO in actuality I have paid MANY kudos to him and his accomplishments.

All I said was there is another great thread on the subject also and I thought it was the best one posted here on FH. To me its the same as posting another movie review on the same movie....

As the OOD link is not up yet to reference a link I simply pointed out another one.

I'm really not sure why people are so up in arms frankly. I never detracted from anyone's accomplishents nor said anyone was superior. PERIOD.

I'm sorry if people seem to misunderstand what I tired to do and auto-insinuated I was trying to do something nefarious.
DropShot’r
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DropShot’r »

....................................................................sigh
Dobyns Army member
JustinHoffman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JustinHoffman »

Thanks for the kind comments, guys. It was a blast spending the day with RJ, learning his techniques, picking his brain, and getting some cool images for the magazine. When I came up with the idea for this article, my intention was to share some valuable knowledge with the readers, while giving them another specie to chase in the spring. It was a no-brainer to team up with the current and past Ontario record holder to put this together. Rob is not only a good friend. He is also one heck of an angler.

Not quite sure why this thread degraded to the point of name calling and "stirring the pot." When Superdad originally penned this "congratulatory" post, I'm sure that was not his intention. This isn't about "gar wars" or anglers pitted against anglers. Plain and simple, it was about highlighting a great fishery we have right here in our own backyard.

Whether deliberate or not, Jimmy, I'm fairly certain you knew by posting that link it would create some backlash. As many have pointed out, it had nothing to do with the original intent of the thread. If you think about it, it would be akin to you posting a fishing report of your own....with me chiming in a few posts later with a link to someone else's fishing report; all the while highlighting the fact that I believe what I posted to be superior to yours. Just something to think about.

Again, thanks for the kind comments and I hope you enjoyed the article. It was a fun one to write. My subscriber issue arrived in my mailbox on Monday. Copies should be on the newsstand already....or next week for sure.

Good Fishing,

Justin
Justin Hoffman
Field Editor - Ontario Out of Doors Magazine
Fishing Writer / Wildlife Photographer
www.JustinHoffmanOutdoors.com
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

TheMaverick wrote:If hitting her up as a Duo....There is but one rule, Never, ever cross swords! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bet you learned that at a certain bar ? OHHHHHHH :shock:
;)
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
GuinnessGuy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GuinnessGuy »

I love how Jimmy goes all "Kanye" on a relay great post (Remember: " Listen, Taylor Swift, you're great and all, but Beyoncé should've won the award..."?), and DOESN'T expect that there would be backlash. Good for you for having an opinion. It's unfortunate that you lacked the foresight to see that it was condescending and ignorant.

I've met you, Jimmy. You're a really smart guy. I have a hard time believing you didn't anticipate this reaction, and that the ensuing drama isn't what you were looking for. :D
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Fish Hawk is getting back to its former glory?