Winter's Lake Trout Home & Abroad. Report.

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Winter's Lake Trout Home & Abroad. Report.

Post by zippyfx »

Moose, your trip reports are always awe inspiring and humbling....

Wow, all I can say is.... Wow.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Thanks again guys. Like said, going into a big report having not written in months, I did feel rusty in the start. Yet inspired enough words do get to flowing, and it was good that the Northern parts fell second in the report. The lake trout fishing around home was solid though, and things like making videos, organizing photos, planning next fishing days and finally reporting, surely help pass those hours when I'm groggy post nightshifts or stuck at home and just looking for a project to keep busy. Good to know people are still reading what I'm putting out there too. There's so much of it floating around now after ten years that it might finally be time to pull it all into one website of my own, and archive it. Trip reports like this past one and many others I'm beginning to find harder and harder to locate, especially with some sites folding up or crashing. This year maybe look to finding new stories still here and OFN, but everything old and new somewhere else central. Admittedly one thing I have questioned a few times over is, what would I call that site? Have thought of a couple things that just haven't quite stuck...

To Don and Smitts. I hear ya guys. But again and as I had said, that weekend was an incredible time with friends, and truly good for me. Happy to have went, it was one highlight of my winter.

Looking forward to spring and summer ahead. Plenty big fish to chase and hopefully catch come then. :D
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

Great report.

I took away a few things

1) Gotta go north someday
2) ice fishing for big fish might be fun
3) I have 4 new single malts to try
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

Fabulous report and pictures, Bunk!

The skidoo adventures reminded me of why I no longer own one - although this winter I sure could have used one!

But your choice of furriner whiskey, when Canada makes some great RYE, is troubling to me............. :wink:

Open water soon, bring it on!

Doug
scuro
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scuro »

Thanks for the share...livin' vicariously through you one trip at a time!
...anything to bend the rod
Mike P
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike P »

A great read with some awesome pic's and a shocker....no, not the ling lol....that Bravo of yours burried??? lol
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

CN wrote:I took away a few things

1) Gotta go north someday
2) ice fishing for big fish might be fun
3) I have 4 new single malts to try
1) Yes.
2) Absolutely.
3) The Tomatin is best, followed by the GlenGarioch. The others not bad.

Mike P wrote:... and a shocker....no, not the ling lol....that Bravo of yours burried??? lol
Haha!! Triple the snow we had that day Mike, but subtract all the bent over branches. You'd like this trip bud. :)
Doug wrote:But your choice of furriner whiskey, when Canada makes some great RYE, is troubling to me............. :wink:
We'l spend another day out again soon Doug. No whiskey for either of us.

Thanks Chris... and all.
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Casting..................... in your NOT SO SECRET spot.

Post by Walleye'm Fishing »

Epic Nip laker adventure for ya. Good thing you went out for lots of solo trips... Those giant ling are so cool lookin'.
Walleye'm fishing, you're sleeping.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Walleye'm Fishing wrote:Epic Nip laker adventure for ya. Good thing you went out for lots of solo trips... Those giant ling are so cool lookin'.
Len and I most often operate on two different schedules and fish differently... so solo lakers they mostly were. Stevie Z was around for one though, and one that came off, and everyone was together for some ling action.
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Lakers are a fav here...
Enjoyed that report Drew... ya still got it!!
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Bunk.I thought I'd take the time to say nice trout man!...but your claims in your report that say you were kicked of a fishing community messageboard by the Administrators is not accurate. You still had access 2 years later and very recently via a password...sooo really you were never kicked off. You were just checking in as usual and making someone look bad at their expense...try being honest with others and yourself...
If Winnipeg gets a hockey team, Toronto will want one too.....
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Second thought...

... You are not one who should speak of honesty in the least Grant, nor bother getting involved. I see you are fully recruited to the (as you put them) "lynch mob" now yourself.

Guess that "punch in the mouth" did get delivered afterall. Not surprisingly by someone else other than he who continues to name call and threaten such things.
Last edited by Moosebunk on Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheDon
Participant
Participant

Post by TheDon »

slop wrote:Bunk.I thought I'd take the time to say nice trout man!...but your claims in your report that say you were kicked of a fishing community messageboard by the Administrators is not accurate. You still had access 2 years later and very recently via a password...sooo really you were never kicked off. You were just checking in as usual and making someone look bad at their expense...try being honest with others and yourself...
I'm not sure how receiving a password two years later wouldn't mean he was "kicked of" as you say. Please explain to me how receiving a password approximately 700 days later would not classify as being "kicked of" as you seem to be an advocate of honesty to yourself and others. I don't know either of you, but I find it rather pathetic seeing grown men being cyber bullied on a fishing forum.
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

The DON...I am not a cyber bully. My name is Grant and I live at 2720 Queensview Drive in Ottawa. You can have my phone number too if you want it is just a PM request away. I will explain in short. Bunk has had a password for ALL OF 700 days to a site that he has not been a member of.
If Winnipeg gets a hockey team, Toronto will want one too.....
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

I will receive a few punches and leave things be. An example, several months ago when people wrote quite disparaging remarks about me for their membership to read. Recently though, I had been invited by other friends of that same group to attend their gathering, during which I had a great time with nearly everyone. Sadly, that attendance alone, was enough to provoke one individual into later writing what could be considered another attempt at slander, this time bordering threat. That gets annoying after awhile, and it can not always be overlooked, nor tolerated. I might stand alone in that thinking, but it is just not in me to always back down to “cyber bullying,” or any attack onto me for that matter.

If need be I could speak my truth and feel OK with any judgement. My ducks are all neatly lined up in a row. Evidence of repeated online slander by a few, sometimes acting together, and behind closed doors addressing a group of people whom many I considered friends, has been my reality for some time. Could hope that it stops, until then I will defend. If it gets out of hand, it is quite doubtful things will be best resolved here.

No thank yous to Slop, for his mistaken post to my thread and rare contribution to Fish-Hawk. Moderators if you like, feel free to lock down one of my reports for the first time.