Are you in?

Information on Tournaments, results, articles, and the players.
RenegadeBass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Are you in?

Post by RenegadeBass »

The 2014 Renegade Bass Series schedule presented by Evinrude, Ranger Boats, and Orleans Boat World & Sports will provide some unique challenges for all competitors. The first 2 qualifiers start out on smaller lakes and the final 3 qualifiers are on the smallmouth invested St.Lawrence Seaway. Are you in?

June 28 - Q1: Newboro Lake
July 12 - Q2: Mississippi Lake
& Kid's Derby
July 13 - Pro-AM: Mississippi Lake
August 2 - Q3: St. Lawrence
August 3 - Q4: St. Lawrence
August 16 - Q5: Lake Francis
September 6 & 7: Classic XIX

We hope to see you on the water soon.
"Today's Release, Tomorrow's Catch", “Sooner, Farther, Safer"
BobbyJordan
Participant
Participant

Re: Are you in?

Post by BobbyJordan »

Counting down the days!! It is going to be a great season. For those new to the series there are lots of great incentives, etc. this year. I know there is a new award for new team of the year, Renegade is pairing up new teams with "coaches", with the likes of Bob Izumi and David Chong volunteering to be the personal coaches for teams, and all the other benefits of Renegade. Also, new this year is the "win and you're in" way to qualify for the classic - where you can compete for a brand new Ranger. Win and you're in means if you win any qualifier you automatically qualify....so, if you have a favourite lake that you are confident in it may pave your way to a new boat! New this year as well - Renegade is one of 2 series' in Canada that serves as a path to compete in the Bass Maseter Classic for 2015. Details are on the website, but it is an amazing opportunity for Canadian anglers. As always the payouts are amazing - I think Renegade paid out more than 170% last year, which is incredible.

The final Renegade Master's Development Program is happening this Saturday. Focus is on the St. Lawrence seaway. Having been to the previous 2 sessions, I can tell you they are professinoally done and a wealth of information for anglers. Think of it as Bass University - but targetted to the specific bodies of water that are fished on Renegade. With so many great benefits I am baffled why this series is not already full.

Who's planning to register? And for those who aren't, what's stopping you?
Valleyboy
Participant
Participant

Post by Valleyboy »

I'm In!

P.S. I have always hated school unless it's U of HK!

The Pearl is bellowing!

MICHABO
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

I am just curious about one thing. In the Tournament rules it mentions that trolling is not allowed. What would be the reasoning for that? I am just curious...not questionning it...if the reason was because we don't like it, that's :D cool.
Valleyboy
Participant
Participant

Post by Valleyboy »

Define Trolling
RenegadeBass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by RenegadeBass »

No trolling has been in the rules since day one. Trolling (with the main engine and dragging lines behind the boat )for bass in not a widely used bass fishing technique but still is very effective at catching bass (or anything that swims) because you are able to cover a lot of water. Some would argue there is no skill to trolling but much like anything, those that have mastered the technique will tell you otherwise. Ultimately the trolling rule is there because we do not want to have the boat under power of the main engine while anglers are fishing. On top of the no trolling rule, we also have the rule that you can't have more than 5 fish in the livewell while under power of the main engine which means you need to cull before firing up the main engine to go to the next spot.

Mike Vandenberg
"Today's Release, Tomorrow's Catch", “Sooner, Farther, Safer"