Why not you?

Information on Tournaments, results, articles, and the players.
RenegadeBass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Why not you?

Post by RenegadeBass »

"Today's Release, Tomorrow's Catch", “Sooner, Farther, Safer"
thewhistleblower
Participant
Participant

Post by thewhistleblower »

Troll
Last edited by thewhistleblower on Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Why not you?

Post by toobinator »

That is the absolute worst post I have ever read. The so called cheater is one of the most honest people I know. If he is in fact a cheater than why was he not disqualified from the B-1?

The Master development program has been incredibly well received and I've heard nothing but positive comments about it.

Win and your in has been discussed for a while and was passed by a majority vote by the members at our AGM. If my memory serves correct, I seem to recall that a couple of the executive were not necessarily in favour of it.

Not to take anything away from the Shootout Series. They run an excellent tournament series.

Whistleblower. What axe do you have to grind against Renegade and our members? Your 4 posts have all had the same slant.
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

thewhistleblower wrote:Not me and many others because there is a cheat in the club. This combined with all the gimmicky crap like "win and your in" and the insult of the masters development program are all reasons that contribute to me and lot's others no longer fishing Renegade. Shootout Series here we come! :D
The only blameworthy act I see here, is this cowardly slander to be without a signature.

Marc-Antoine Dufour, Renegade Team 28 8)
Last edited by TheMaverick on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

thewhistleblower wrote:Not me and many others because there is a cheat in the club. This combined with all the gimmicky crap like "win and your in" and the insult of the masters development program are all reasons that contribute to me and lot's others no longer fishing Renegade. Shootout Series here we come! :D
What a crock of biomass. This is by far the stupidest post I have ever seen on Fish-Hawk.
I sure hope that there aren't too many like you that are participating in the shootout series.

Frank Dufour
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
FishingFreak13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by FishingFreak13 »

I hope to one day to fish in the renegade series but have been following it for a long time. Haven't heard anything bad about the series. I don't know who that whack job is but he must be smoking that Rob Ford stuff.

Brian Simms
BobbyJordan
Participant
Participant

Post by BobbyJordan »

Gimmicky? Really - who complains about a club that makes the kinds of advancements in the sport that Renegade has to further tournament fishing and bring new people into our sport? If you’re not interested in fishing the series, that’s cool, but don’t slam an organization that is doing incredible things to grow the sport, especially when there is no financial incentive for these guys to do so. These guys are all volunteers. No one makes any money for all of the hard work they put into this organization and as a member (and I am not, nor have I ever been, a member of the executive) I am disappointed to see their efforts degraded by you calling them gimmicky.

- Paying back more than any other series in Canada is not gimmicky. No other series in Canada comes close to paying back what Renegade does. A lot of this has to do with the fact that this series is NOT-FOR-PROFIT, run by VOLUNTEERS, and backed by some AMAZING SPONSORS that realize Renegade is the elite series that it is.

- Running the Master’s Development program is not gimmicky. It is an investment in the future of the sport that prides itself on sharing information with some less experienced anglers to help them improve their skills. If you feel that the mere existence of this program is insulting to you, think about how insulting you calling it gimmicky is to all of the professionals (I use that word in both the sense that they are Pro anglers, but also professional ambassadors of the sport) who have volunteered their time to share their knowledge with lesser experienced guys and gals, the volunteers who have organized these events, and to the dozens of people who have participated in these events and who have raved about how great they were, many of whom are new to fishing (or at least tournament fishing). Whether you are new to the sport or have all kinds of experience, you can always learn something new. You won’t however always find a club where members like Dave Chong, Lenny Devos, Pat Milot, etc. are going to take hours out of their day to share with their competition what took them years to learn.

- “Win and You’re In” is not gimmicky...it’s an incentive for some guys to sign up for the series. Fishing a series is a big commitment, and there are vast differences in the waters that are fished. If a team is particularly strong on a body of water and feel they have a chance to win there, which would qualify them for the classic, they may be more inclined to fish the rest of the series. Renegade listens to its membership and voted to add this as a new incentive for this season.

- There are all kinds of other ‘gimmicky’ things that are happening this year too (probably none of which will be found in any other series in Canada), to encourage teams to sign-up for the year:

- Being paired up with a coach to learn from some of the best in Canada;
- Path to the Bass Master Classic;
- Rookie of the Year Award for the best new team;
- Team of the Year Award;
- Renegade Classic Ranger Boat and Evinrude motor prize;
- Best Payouts for all 5 qualifier events.

Some may call them gimmicky, I am just thankful I am a part of a club whose volunteers do all of this work to put together the best series in Canada. Oh, and I hope my luck comes through this year so I can take some of these “gimmicks” to the bank.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Win and you're in and the development program are incentives to me to join. I find renegade does quite a lot for the sport we all love and I plan on entering it one day as well.

There is nothing wrong with the shoot out series either but I don't see a need for such negative comments. The only reason I have not joined Renegade yet is because family life is just a little too hectic at this time...
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

Bobby Jordan,

This is by far the best post I have ever read on Fish-Hawk.
You are a true Professional Ambassador for the sport of fishing.

Frank Dufour (Renegade Team 28)
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cgates »

Yep the top bass series in ottawa area and very costly for me so there for I don't fish but one thing I would have paid to attend was the seminars put on by its great members and I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this... We can all see the teams are down and I can only wonder why
Chris
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

cgates wrote:Yep the top bass series in ottawa area and very costly for me so there for I don't fish but one thing I would have paid to attend was the seminars put on by its great members and I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this... We can all see the teams are down and I can only wonder why
Chris
Chris,

The teams are down because not everyone has registered yet.
Like the Shootout series, your name goes on the list when you register and pay.
I'm pretty sure that Renegade will have 75 teams by the start of the season.

Frank
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Now I'm wondering is the reason Whistleblower is not fishing Renegade is what he states, or the fact that he has been banned from the series for just this type of B.S.

Ed Puddephatt
team 38
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cgates »

True I guess but the early bird draw had almost 70 teams last season I think??? I may be wrong. One day ill be fishing the series
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re:

Post by StarTzar »

thewhistleblower wrote:Troll
Editing won't help ... here is a copy of your original post.
thewhistleblower wrote:
Not me and many others because there is a cheat in the club. This combined with all the gimmicky crap like "win and your in" and the insult of the masters development program are all reasons that contribute to me and lot's others no longer fishing Renegade. Shootout Series here we come! :D
Wolfy
Participant
Participant

Post by Wolfy »

I was fortunate to attend 2 of the three seminars. As a new member to the renegade organization, all the people I've met thus far have proven to be kind knowledgeable and very professional. The Master development program thus far has proven to be amazing. I look forward to fishing this series and hope to continue on for years to come. If there is anyone on the fence as weather or not to join, I would strongly recommend you may the plunge. Like I mentioned above, Renegade seems to have a welcoming presence full of knowledgeable fishermen/women willing to help eachother learn the safety of the waters, techniques, habitats, etc, etc.

Look forward to being on the water this year with Renegade, and seeing you folks on the water as well!! ;)

MW T45