Why not you?

Information on Tournaments, results, articles, and the players.
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Why not you?

Post by ShawnD »

FishingFreak13 wrote:I hope to one day to fish in the renegade series but have been following it for a long time. Haven't heard anything bad about the series. I don't know who that whack job is but he must be smoking that Rob Ford stuff.

Brian Simms
X2
cgates wrote:Yep the top bass series in ottawa area and very costly for me so there for I don't fish but one thing I would have paid to attend was the seminars put on by its great members and I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this... We can all see the teams are down and I can only wonder why
Chris
Chris if you'd like to attend the seminars, I recall reading in the email that if you register in the Pro-am you have access to the seminars.

I'll be fishing this series with-in a few years.. Hard part is getting a boat for the job and a partner willing to put the time needed into it.
( Also wishing its a she with a nack for fishing a nice rack.. MIGHT BE LONGGG SHOT THOUGH! hahahaha :lol: :lol: )
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
bobby jordan
Participant
Participant

Post by bobby jordan »

ShawnD,

I'm pretty sure Renegade keeps a list of guys (both boater and non-boater) looking for partners. Not sure they will have someone on there that meets ALL your criteria though ;)

If anyone else is in the same boat and wants to fish, but needs a partner I suggest you contact Renegade and let them know. info@renegadebass.com
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

bobby jordan wrote:ShawnD,

I'm pretty sure Renegade keeps a list of guys (both boater and non-boater) looking for partners. Not sure they will have someone on there that meets ALL your criteria though ;)

If anyone else is in the same boat and wants to fish, but needs a partner I suggest you contact Renegade and let them know. info@renegadebass.com

Yes I know :)
I've been kicking my cousin in the pants to do this. hahaha
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

ShawnD wrote:

I sure hope that cousin isn't the one with the rack :roll: :lol:
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

lape0019 wrote:
ShawnD wrote:

I sure hope that cousin isn't the one with the rack :roll: :lol:
:shock:
Euhhh no..
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cgates »

@ ShawnD
I've been fishing tournaments for 8 years so for me to fish the pro am would be like cheating to me and the $200 to fish with a Renagade member I'm good but for $100 I would have gone to hear what they had to say
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

cgates wrote:@ ShawnD
I've been fishing tournaments for 8 years so for me to fish the pro am would be like cheating to me and the $200 to fish with a Renagade member I'm good but for $100 I would have gone to hear what they had to say
Makes sense.
cbanford
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cbanford »

First off the shootout series would like to congratulate everything renegade bass has accomplished, and also all the work they have done this season to add more incentives for the members benifit. A lot of the shootout series sucsess and achievements have been thanks to renegade because of the model of what a professional series should be. From the renegade standard, it forced us to make giant steps to keep pace with that model for the expectations from sponsors and anglers. The shootout series hopes to see a full field of 85 boats for renegade this year, it will just prove that our sport we all love and work hard for is a strong as it ever has been.

I have been a renegade bass member for many years, and if the shootout series had not been taking up most of my time, I'm sure I would be on their list.

For the "cheater post", with our next registrated teams update, you won't like the shootout series either.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

cgates wrote: I've been fishing tournaments for 8 years so for me to fish the pro am would be like cheating to me and the $200 to fish with a Renagade member I'm good but for $100 I would have gone to hear what they had to say
With 8 years of tournament fishing under your belt you should most likely have sponged a fair amount of knowledge!
Within your 8 years, I’m guessing you’ve mostly learned by trial and error or did your fellow anglers/competitors have willingly shared information in order to emphasize and improve your overall tournament experience?

I’ve fished a few tournaments in the past as well, and although I enjoyed fishing them, I also felt quite alienated by the nonchalance of most teams.

Renegade is a different ball game all together, from the healthy competition to the welcoming camaraderie and welt of information sharing.

To certain individuals, that reason alone is worth more than the actual payouts!
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

I will wholeheartedly agree with the last statement.

I used to fish in bass tournaments and for me it was both a great experience and also an eye opener.

I enjoyed the time on the water, the competition and fishing with my partner.

What I did NOT like was the drama, politics, two-faced attitude and divisiveness.

If a team wins. Shake their hand. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

To see so many adults behave as such sore losers was truly pathetic.
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cgates »

TheMaverick wrote:
cgates wrote: I've been fishing tournaments for 8 years so for me to fish the pro am would be like cheating to me and the $200 to fish with a Renagade member I'm good but for $100 I would have gone to hear what they had to say
With 8 years of tournament fishing under your belt you should most likely have sponged a fair amount of knowledge!
Within your 8 years, I’m guessing you’ve mostly learned by trial and error or did your fellow anglers/competitors have willingly shared information in order to emphasize and improve your overall tournament experience?

I’ve fished a few tournaments in the past as well, and although I enjoyed fishing them, I also felt quite alienated by the nonchalance of most teams.

Renegade is a different ball game all together, from the healthy competition to the welcoming camaraderie and welt of information sharing.

To certain individuals, that reason alone is worth more than the actual payouts!
For me it's about doing tournaments and lots of them and with the money I put out over the Sumer I fish about 8-10 tournaments
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BradGuenette »

cgates wrote:
TheMaverick wrote:

For me it's about doing tournaments and lots of them and with the money I put out over the Sumer I fish about 8-10 tournaments
Hmmm....Are there any incentives,bonus & reward programs,Lets say if you finish 10th? Stats mean something in Renegade,5 events oppose to 8-10 plus a shot a new fully rigged Ranger boat.
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

cgates wrote:
TheMaverick wrote:

So what kind of money are you dishing out for 8-10 tournaments, roughly 1300$, perhaps more?
And what makes it more enhancing as opposed to what Renegade is offering?

- Master’s Development program
- “Win and You’re In”
- Being paired up with a coach to learn from some of the best in Canada;
- Path to the Bass Master Classic;
- Rookie of the Year Award for the best new team;
- Team of the Year Award;
- Renegade Classic Ranger Boat and Evinrude motor prize;
- Best Payouts for all 5 qualifier events.
- Shimano Platinum Performance and Loyalty Rewards
- G. Loomis Skeleton Crew Challenge
- Yokohama Biggest bass of the Year
- Rhodes & Williams Appreciation Award
- Motorguide Tour, Lowrance & Navionics

I know for a fact, I couldn't commit to 10 tournaments and dedicate my time and knowledge to the fullest in order to place within a respectable finish.

P.S. Congrats on the new addition to the family! :D
thewhistleblower
Participant
Participant

Post by thewhistleblower »

This will be my last post.

I want to apologize to Renegade Bass and all it's members, fish-hawk and it's members and to anyone else that I may have offended with my previous comments. I had no right to publicly slander the club and should have kept my comments to myself. I obviously have no place on this or any other forum for that matter. Although I do feel strongly for my reasons of not fishing the series I should not have attempted to convince others of my views and opinions.

One of my good friends is taking all the heat for my comments made and for that I want to apologize to him directly. He is not the one that everyone thinks made these comments nor did he persuade me to make the post that I did. I once again want to ask for everyone's forgiveness but I am sure most will not as I definitely crossed the line and because of my comments made, will be hard to forgive and forget.

I want to wish Renegade Bass all the success for the 2014 season and want everyone to know that I am truly regretful of what I have done and that this will be the last anyone will hear from the whistleblower.

Thanks for at least listening to what I have to say as I don't even deserve that.
So long and my best to everyone for the 2014 fishing season and beyond.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Your plea to forgiveness is still unaccounted of a signature! :roll: