Fish Renegade Bass! Signup for an Individual Qualifier Event

Information on Tournaments, results, articles, and the players.
RenegadeBass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Fish Renegade Bass! Signup for an Individual Qualifier Event

Post by RenegadeBass »

Fish Renegade Bass! Sign-up for an Individual Qualifier Event

Renegade Bass is pleased to once again offer tournament anglers the opportunity to compete in individual Renegade Bass Qualifier events for 2014. We hope this will interest anglers who want to compete in Renegade Bass tournaments but are unable to compete in all five (5) qualifier events. Teams registering for an individual event are eligible for the top ten (10) cash prizes which include the $5000.00 1st place prize. The entry fee including all associated costs is $400.00 for the first qualifier event a team registers for and $350.00 for each other qualifier event. Teams that register and compete in the first qualifier event on Newboro Lake (Q1) will have the option to join the 2014 Renegade Bass series by paying the balance of the series registration and other associated fees. This gives anglers a unique opportunity to fish the first Renegade Bass event and then decide to join the series to be able to compete in the remaining four (4) qualifier events of the series.

Full details available here.

"Today's Release, Tomorrow's Catch", “Sooner, Farther, Safer"
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Fish Renegade Bass! Signup for an Individual Qualifier E

Post by toobinator »

As a long time Renegade member I don't see the down side to this. The number of teams that will pony up the cash is limited, and it will only help our payouts. If a walk on should happen to win a tournament, I'll be the first to shake their hand.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
cbanford
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cbanford »

I sure don't blame renegade bass for tring something, I totally get why they made this move, and I get why some people are aggravated by it. I fear this choice won't help though, because I believe it is not renegades fault for the low totals. The exec volenteer a lot of time to run the series and they work their tails off. People can't afford high entry fees and $1.40 for fuel. It looks like people can't afford the shootout $160 fee's either because our pre reg totals are down also. Somebody posted on renegade that the shootoutseries numbers are up, and that is nothing but a false fact!

I feel bad for renegades low totals, because it's sure not us stealing anglers. I fear what the shootout totals will be this season because of fuel. I think our sport is in big trouble because of the cost of everything. Might be a good time to start a shore series!

I saw the posts on the renegade forum, and I wanted to reply in but I've forgotten my pw about 10 times in 5 years. So if somebody wishes to copy this and post it from me please feel free.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Opinions from Fish-Hawk members would be appreciated on this topic.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

I can see this getting ugly with member of Renegade but as a non member, having a chance to test the waters in one qualifier against some of the best in the business does have a few advantages.

I am nowhere near ready to compete at this level (maybe in a few years. Also, boat is holding me back a bit) but when I do feel I am ready, a $400 entry fee to see where I would place is a great option. If I did place well, it would make me consider joining the ranks of what I think is one of the most prestigious fishing organizations in our area. If I would fail miserably (most likely the case), I would know that more practice is needed and I could revisit this opportunity in a few years.

I just read through the comments in the Renegade forums and I don't know how impressed members that forked over a rather large amount if dough feel about this one. Some are welcoming the idea yet others are extremely against it. This could cause a little friction between walk one and members which might not be the greatest experience and would have to agree that the EC should have at the very least notified members at the AGM or through an email of this change in policy for feedback before announcing it to the world as I am afraid this may drive some of the current members away for next year.

Regardless if what happens, I wish Renegade bass and their members a stellar year and hope that this choice made solely by the EC leads to more prosperous years for the Renegade Bass Series.

Adam
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

lape0019 wrote: If I did place well, it would make me consider joining the ranks of what I think is one of the most prestigious fishing organizations in our area. If I would fail miserably (most likely the case), I would know that more practice is needed and I could revisit this opportunity in a few years.
As rookies, we also feared the unavoidable failure that we thought we'd face when competing against some of the best competition and anglers the industry had to offer this area.
More so, when missing out on the first qualifier because of boat issues.

I'm glad, we committed to the full series as we did place twice in the money out of 4 qualifiers.
Aiming for one event will more likely discourage a team as you aim for very high expectations, it not only brings a tremendous amount of pressure to succeed in that one event, but also does not give you the chance to build confidence, share knowledge and tie bonds with fellow competitors.

As I do understand why this option has been brought forward, I just hope, that teams signing up for individual walk-ons, will approach the series with an open minded game plan.
They'll finally be able to recognize the efforts it's executives put into it, in order to make it the best series there is!

Thanks for the feedback Adam, and I sure hope I get to trash talk you and your partner for a full season and not only one event in the years to come! ;)
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

lape0019 wrote:I can see this getting ugly with member of Renegade but as a non member, having a chance to test the waters in one qualifier against some of the best in the business does have a few advantages.

I am nowhere near ready to compete at this level (maybe in a few years. Also, boat is holding me back a bit) but when I do feel I am ready, a $400 entry fee to see where I would place is a great option. If I did place well, it would make me consider joining the ranks of what I think is one of the most prestigious fishing organizations in our area. If I would fail miserably (most likely the case), I would know that more practice is needed and I could revisit this opportunity in a few years.

I just read through the comments in the Renegade forums and I don't know how impressed members that forked over a rather large amount if dough feel about this one. Some are welcoming the idea yet others are extremely against it. This could cause a little friction between walk one and members which might not be the greatest experience and would have to agree that the EC should have at the very least notified members at the AGM or through an email of this change in policy for feedback before announcing it to the world as I am afraid this may drive some of the current members away for next year.

Regardless if what happens, I wish Renegade bass and their members a stellar year and hope that this choice made solely by the EC leads to more prosperous years for the Renegade Bass Series.

Adam
Adam,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sure that the Renegade EC appreciates your comments.
The walk on option is a temporary measure for this season only.

You can practice for free on any body of water and you can measure your level against all participants in any of the Tournament Series.
All you need to do is go fishing on any tournament day (Renegade, Shoot Out, Bass Anglers Association) and gauge your catch against the leader board.

The most common reason we hear from people that are on the fence is: "I'm not ready".
Once you start fishing the series, you soon discover that it is not that difficult and not as intimidating as you may think it is.

The most difficult aspect of fishing Renegade is the "Commitment".
That is something that only you can decide.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MichaelGA »

Might have missed it but I'm assuming that anyone who entered a single qualifier would then loose his chance at being Rookie Team of the year if they didn't anti-up for the complete season?

ie. they fished Q2 as a walk on and decide to join up for the full season next year... would they be eligible for Rookie Team of the Year?

Something to clarify carefully.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

TheMaverick wrote:
Thanks for the feedback Adam, and I sure hope I get to trash talk you and your partner for a full season and not only one event in the years to come! ;)
One day Mav, one day. For now, you will just have to be happy trash talking at the MS Bassin tournament. Unfortunately, you will have to do a lot better this year if you want to start trash talking. Bring your a game this year as I want to see what Team Dufour is really all about!!!

And Frank,

Although I see your point about going out on the same body of water while a tournament is on and seeing how you do, I believe there is more to tournament fishing than that. It is one thing to be on the water fishing beside a renegade member and a completely diffident experience fishing AGAINST a renegade competitor.

My limited experience shows me there is a large mental game that also affects your fishing. During the tournament last year, I had a hard time getting the jitters out in the morning but as soon as blast off happened, it was game on ! My partner on the other hand was fine until blast off and the mental game set in and really affected his fishing. This is the mental side of the game that you just cannot imitate by fishing beside someone who is competing.

Adam
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

You are exactly right Adam .... You will never know just how good you are until you make the "Commitment".
Not an easy thing to do.

When it comes to thrash talking, we can match up with the best in the Business. :roll:
We can dish it out but we can also take it in. As long as it's all in good fun. :lol:

With that being said, Bring on the Rideau. Poppa wants to play. 8)
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

lape0019 wrote:
TheMaverick wrote:
One day Mav, one day. For now, you will just have to be happy trash talking at the MS Bassin tournament. Unfortunately, you will have to do a lot better this year if you want to start trash talking. Bring your a game this year as I want to see what Team Dufour is really all about!!!

Adam
I'm even thinking of blasting off to my Team song this year ...
"Papa's got a brand new bag"

ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

:geek: After reading all that, I don't want to read what the renegade Forum has to say and I'll start with saying that this wouldn't push me towards doing the renegade series.

I'm not scared of the guys that fish that series, I already fish against them in other events and clubs, I'm also not shying away from it because of the commitment, I participate in about 12-15 tournaments a year and most are prepaid before the season is even started.

The real reason I'm not in there right now is that I'm fishing UltraBass Outaouais with a old friend who got me into tournament fishing.
I can't drop him like a rock, he was there for me and I'm going to give him all the time he wants.

You learn about fishing from everyone you fish with, I'm not done learning, I believe there are ways to look at a body of water and analyse it.. etc.. ( Top secret :ugeek: )
I'm a firm believer that if you REALLY want something, you'll go get it...

All to say, see you in 2015 ;)
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/