Looking towards 2016

Information on Tournaments, results, articles, and the players.
jshow89
Participant
Participant

Looking towards 2016

Post by jshow89 »

Hi, my brother and I are looking to get into a bass tournament circuit for 2016, we have a 18' multispecies boat with livewell, but by no means one of the elite bass boats you see out on the water, also this would be our first time tournament fishing not considering fish and game club tournaments.. I am looking for guidance for on which circuit we should sign up for, this is just a hobbie so something that isn't highly demanding and competitive would be ideal, we are out of the Brockville area... I have seen a few different tournaments mentioned on here, just looking to see whats best for first timers

thanks
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Looking towards 2016

Post by toobinator »

jshow89: Your choices in this area are almost endless. Personally, I fish the Renegade series. Extremely well run and highly competitive. Off the top of me head it costs around $1500.00 to fish the series, and walk-ons are not allowed (you have to fish the 4 tournament circuit). Payouts are $4000.00 to $5000.00 for first place and typically pay down 10 places. Renegade also has the master development program where each lake is gone over by anglers that have had success and pointers are given for that body of water. In addition, rookie teams are assigned a mentor team to help them out.

Other options are the Shootout series, where you can pick and choose which tournaments you fish, the Rideau lakes series, and a number of Bassmaster and FLW federation clubs in the area. You should have no problem finding a circuit to fish.
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Farlane94
Participant
Participant

Post by Farlane94 »

Check out BAA ( Bass Anglers Association), i fished it two years ago and it was a fantastic series with awesome people. Maximum number of teams is 30 and it has lots of smaller boats as well as the big bass boats. I think its like 500 per team for the year, so its very well priced. Excellent place to start i suggest you give it a look!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Agreed with Farlane, BAA is likely exactly what you are looking for. Great group of guys!

RJ
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

I agree that BAA is the best alternative for you.
They are well organized and great people running it.
You can reserve a spot by contacting them through their website.
They have a waiting list. On the site select "Contact us" and ask to be put on the waiting list.

http://www.bassanglersassociation.ca/
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Yup! I'm on the waiting list for BAA.

I joined the Ottawa Valley Bassmasters club this year and it was a blast! I doubt it would be the greatest for you since it sounds like you want to fish with your brother but there are a few Bassmasters clubs in our area.

Maybe check out the Ontario BASS nation site and check out some of the clubs in the area from there. I think The Rideau Lakes Bassmasters may be a good option for you as well.
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

What they said!
I'll be fishing Renegade as well this year, there's so many series and clubs around here but I find they give back the most, I did my first Pro am with them years ago and now with these off season seminars.. It'll be an blast I'm sure.

Good luck!
Shawn.D
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

For the reasons you’ve mentioned, I’d also consider BAA first and foremost.
The series has no lack for competition and is very affordable.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I didn't mention BAA since they are already full. I don't know how much of a waiting list there is. Best of luck in whichever series you decide.
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

ShawnD wrote:What they said!
I'll be fishing Renegade as well this year, there's so many series and clubs around here but I find they give back the most, I did my first Pro am with them years ago and now with these off season seminars.. It'll be an blast I'm sure.

Good luck!
Shawn.D
Big Leagues!

RJ
jshow89
Participant
Participant

Post by jshow89 »

Thanks for all the replies everyone! I had no idea a of these groups were out there lol, I must be in my own little world when I'm out on the water, really appreciate all the input though!
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

toobinator wrote:I didn't mention BAA since they are already full. I don't know how much of a waiting list there is. Best of luck in whichever series you decide.
BAA "Exec" here (I only call myself an Exec because I'm called worse at home LOL)...

We have a waiting list which is fairly long (up around 10 teams) but that could shrink in Jan/Feb once we have our membership drive and finalize the returning-roster for next year, and assign new teams on a first-come, first-served basis. We may or may not be expanding the field to a few more entries - that's still completely up in the air at this point.

So, please Ed - keep suggesting BAA! :) It's a different flavour of competition than Renegade, but it's also still a heck of a lot of fun.