2016 Gorilla Cup

Information on Tournaments, results, articles, and the players.
Stripey85
Participant
Participant

2016 Gorilla Cup

Post by Stripey85 »

Good Sunday Afternoon Fish Hawk Folks

Just throwing out some info here as well as some feelers from everyone. I apologize in advance for the long post, but here we go:
This year will mark the 5th year for the Gorilla Cup Memorial Bass Tournament. Its a tournament that was created in memory for my Dad, Leon, who passed away in 2011. The event has been run as a fundraiser for local animal shelters. In the last 4 years, we have been able to donate OVER $8000 to local shelters. This year, we are donating the proceeds from the event to the Friends of Sandy Pines Wildlife Centre. They are a local shelter who takes in animals that are found injured, in distress and get them back to health to return them to the wild.

We are hoping to go over the TEN GRAND mark in only 5 years of the event. I am confident we can make this happen this year.

This is where I need people helping hand:
We are looking for people to come out and fish the event. Last year we had 48 boats attend the event! All the details can be found for this years Cup, at www.gorillacup.weebly.com

Also, to make this tournament a success we cannot do it without the help of sponsors who donate to the event. Donations range from, gift cards to resturants, sunglasses, gas cards, golf passes and fishing tackle. If you know of a company, or are able to donate something yourself, your efforts wont go noticed. They will be added to the official Gorilla Cup website under the sponsors tab, and also be added to the shirts that are giving out to each participant.

We cannot thank the sponsors who have donated to this years event already:
Rob Laurin-Dorey and Tolgyesi Insurance Brokers. T-SHIRT Sponsor for all the anglers
David Chong-for getting us hooked up with Vigor Eyewear
Chris McLean for getting $200 worth of fuel cards from FreeFlow Petroleum
Peter Savoia from Set The Hook Baits
Trevor Sweet for getting us lined up with PowerTeam Lures
Gord McGregor from No Frills-BBQ Supplies
Paul Owen from The Grizzly Grill
Cavalier Room
Solar Bat Sunglasses
Ryan Babcock from Certified Labs for various prizes
George's Marine & Sports
Jim Van Ryn from THE ROD GLOVE
Steve Elmer from 1000 Islands Custom Lures
Ranger Boats
Amherstview Golf Club
Kevin Pons from Starbucks Division St. location
Jamie Lemery for his continued support bringing along the in water weigh in system!
Mike Sears from a new local company Hook Sinker Apparel
Kevin Wren
Jodi Lappin
Spencer Baker
Sarah Sears

Thanks for your time!
Marco McRae