Cracker Coated Fish

Lots of people love fish. They are good for you and taste great. Please tell us how you prepare and cook your fish.
RV
Participant
Participant

Cracker Coated Fish

Post by RV »

Mine is you take salted crackers place them in a baggie crush them with a rolling pin you need about a cup of crushed crackers . Mix the crackers with 1/2 a cup of aunt jamima buttermilk pancake mix (dry ) . Take your favorite fillets mine are yellow perch make shure there damp shake them in the mixture . Then set them aside for about 5 minutes t'ill the coating looks damp on the fillets (thats the trick) then deep fry them in hot vegetable oil , it's the crispiest fish I've ever had.
greymist
Participant
Participant

Post by greymist »

That sounds yummy - I will give that one a try. I bbq'd a little brown trout tonight that my son caught on Saturday. Tinfoil greased with margarine, lay the fillets down, add salt, pepper, a few chives and lemon juice. Wrap the foil around and bbq for a few minutes depending on the size of the fillet - no need to flip. It was really tasty -
Manny
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Manny »

Sounds like the way I do it. I will try leaving them aside for the 5 minutes like you mentioned.

I haven't eaten fish for a few years now and started again this winter. Can't wait for the walleye season to start, need fillets.

Other good batters, BBQ chips, shake and bake (not the fish recipe), corn-flakes, Rockey Madsen fish-crisp, corn-based chicken coating (kinda shake-and-bake but the generic stuff). Always with tabasco.

Manny