Trout A La Burnt

Lots of people love fish. They are good for you and taste great. Please tell us how you prepare and cook your fish.
FishingIsHealing
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Trout A La Burnt

Post by FishingIsHealing »

Okay, I only know one recipe.

Trout A La Burnt (kinda like apple pie a la mode, but with fish? well not really , and the name doesn't make sense at all, but it is very good!)

Catch a nice sized laker, clean it, descale it somewhat if you wish, get rid of the head, gut it, and make it eatable, then.......

Wrap it up in tin foil a bit, then CRANK UP THE HEAT ON THE BBQ, and BURN THE HELL OUT OF IT!

You can add lemon juice liberally and some herbs if you wish. I like lemon juice and various herbs.

Once the Laker is CHARRED and flesh inside is fully cooked and white, take it off and serve.....with lemon juice and your herbs......

It's quite good.......I don't like Lake Trout unless it's burnt on the BBQ like this. It just is a very fatty fish and becomes slimy and gross when fried/baked. I mean some people like it but I am picky and don't like that fishiness of fish. haha oh man i sound stupid........but anyways

I find the flesh of Lake Trout prepared this way is quite good. It's almost like a Chicken/Tuna taste with a vague hint of salmon. Quite delicious!

Also, Walleye and Perch and Panfish with beer batter fried up is quite good.

Now who has a recipe for CARP, who is brave enough to eat the carp? haha and what does it taste like????????

I like your Salmon Recipe at the top. I assume it would work very well with Atlantic Salmon...I only eat Atlantic Salmon. I haven't tried the Pacific types, because people tell me it tastes awful, but I can't believe that. Maybe it's because they catch them when they are half dead? Or is that a rumor? Anyways, I'm not a big salmon guy but that recipe sounds very good.....I love tobasco, maple syrup and all of that..mmm.. smoked salmon is also very yummy eh?