Deer and Hunting Pics

orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

TLunge,
Thanks for the reply, I actually dont have it. I came into a corner store with my hunting stuff on and teh guy at the cash asked me how much it would be worth....he had it behind the counter...hahaha. I told him I had no idea and would ask around. Again thanks for the reply I will let him know.
orrsey
Birdee
Participant
Participant

Post by Birdee »

This will be interesting, I just got my licence earlier this year and I will be, should say I am bow hunting, I have had lots of does in my shooting area (I have a trail cam) and I did get a doe tag in the draw, I have been out several times but the deer seem to be night owls, but I'm sure as the weather gets colder they will be out more during day light hours :lol:
Looking forward to all your hunting tales and tips possibly

Birdee :wink:
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Birdee,

I too have additional tags for does. On opening day I had one with 30 yrds of me. She wouldn't step into the woods to give me a clear shot!
The nst time I went out I had 5 and 75 yrds to the left of me!

Yes as the weather get colder the rut will trigger and then we'll ee more movement.

Good luck to you! My wife hopes to get her first this year also!

J
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

I have seen a wolverine on my property in Mississippi Station.
Lighter brown with the signature markings. Thing wa squat like an armadillo! Definetly not a marten or a raccoon.

We have had wild elk in the area too.

J
TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TLunge »

It may have been a badger
Joe28
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Joe28 »

I know what I saw wasn't a badger or a fisher. These animals are quite distinctive from a wolverine. Its quite amazing to see one in this area.
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

TLunge wrote:It may have been a badger
Maybe it was a badger-shark????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Robert Goulet
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Robert Goulet »

Unfortunately I don't have a photo but my father and I were able to take down a beautiful 8 point buck at 6:40 am on opening morning. It has already been butchered up and weighed in at a nice 165lbs. Not a monster but a nice "eating size"

The sad thing was that I saw the biggest buck of my life...twice!!! The first time was at 4:30pm Sunday afternoon and the second time was 4:15pm Monday afternoon. The only problem was I wasn't able to get a clear shot at him on the Monday, and no sooner was I getting my sights on him when something tipped him off and he and the big doe (no doe tag) he was following around scurried off into the bush. I'll have dreams of that huge rack for an entire year. I'd be shocked if he was less than 12 points and under 250 lbs.

We were also able to bag 6 partridge on the Sunday afternoon, so all in all, I'd say it was a successful hunt.

It was great to go deer hunting with my old man for the first time.
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

Congrats on a successful hunt! Too bad the big one got away, but thats what keeps us coming back! Im heading out Sunday morning and hope to have something to tell when I get back on Tuesday night.

orrsey