Deer and Hunting Pics

Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Deer and Hunting Pics

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Hey guys,

For those of us that hunt. Let's start a thread of hunting pics....the other passion closely linked with fishing.

Here's a buck I got in 06.

joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

nice buck bud... :wink:

I use to hunt.

sold my 2 crosbow my bow and almost all my rifle.

just have one left and my longbow.

ho if it count as hunting,,,my 2 speargun... 8)

there is some great hunter in here i am sher some will join your tread.

joco
FishingIsHealing
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by FishingIsHealing »

Nice buck...I'm lookign forward to starting hunting...Gotta get my licence though and thats hard for me in the health I am in..haha.....

gotta do the 3 day course and I'm so sick i dunno if i can consistently spend so many days learning .......

but i'll try anyways....i need to get the licence.......
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

Nice buck! I love to hunt as well and have been deer hunting most of my life, which isn't that long really :lol:

I've been lucky enough to get 2 nice bucks out of the same tree in the last 2 years, the big one with the crossbow and smaller one with the rifle.......

My 2006 bow buck

My 2007 rifle buck

bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

I guess no one else has any good pics?

8)
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

hope to get some pics in this year fellas.... :D . Last year was my first year deer hunting as itsthe first fall I have actually had the chance. No bucks last year but a respectable doe. My dad and I spent 3 days at his camp in the second week. Both of us passed up deer in the first day only to see nothing for the next day and a half. :shock: . It was now Wednesday morning and we were leaving at 1pm. I was feeling pretty down and kicking myself for passing up the three deer I saw the first day. I was walking into the tree stand that morning and jumped three that were laying down maybe ten yards from where my stand was....no chance for a shot. So I got up sat down and settled in. I was over looking a swamp and as I looked around there was a reflection on the water that kept catching my eye, at first I thought itcould have been a tail. Obviously it wasnt....so 7:30 rolls around and Im still siting waiting, I look to my left where the reflection used to be to my surprise its gone. "thats weird" As I look closer I could see movement.....finally a deer. Three does were making their way along the ridge, FINALLY and I wasnt going to let this opportunity pass. I waited till they presented a clear shot and got on the bigger one. First shot I knew I hit her from about 70 yards but she took off while the other two stood there. Again she stopped, thankfully, in the open up on a bog directly in front of me at about 90yards this time. I shot again and she drops right there. Its hard to explain the excitement of getting your first deer to soeone who has never experienced it. So now I sit and wait oddly enough the other two are still standing there trying to figure out where all the noise is coming from. As Im waiting I almost jump out of my chair as shots ring out from my dad who is probably 300yards away on the same ridge looking over the same swamp. One shot.....then a second shot. Maybe 2 minutes after I shot. Then my radio starts and its my dad. "Blake, was that you shooting?" I reply "ya, was that you?" He reply's "ya I have one down here I'll walk down to you" He gets don to me and tells me that he shot a 8 point. It was actaully a really big 8....old mature buck. After I shot he was looking over my way and he just happened to be walking down the ridge from my way. Anyway tags were filled with only a couple of hours left in the season. I wish I had my cam for my dads buck (nice deer) but it would have been nice to have a picture as a memory for my first, even if it was a doe.

orrsey
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Nice ones Bradford!
TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TLunge »

Nice pics and stories guys, here is a 14pt. I bagged in the 05 rifle season

I have been hunting a long time(17yrs)for a trophy like that and it was very satisfying. I have bagged many small to medium bucks and had close calls with big boys over the years and it was nice to finally get a trophy. It scored 140B&C, now to try for a 150 :D
Heres my 08 gobbler, 21.5lbs. and taken with a shotgun after a painstaking belly crawl for almost an hour down a farm lane in the rain[/img]
mmmmmmmmmm turkey!
Thanksgiving dinner coming soon
Here is a pic of a big male fisher I trapped for a farmer
Great idea for a thread
TLunge
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Congrats on the Monster Buck .............

What a beauty 8) 8)
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Amazing TLunge!!!
Glad you like the thread!

That 15 I shot was my 2nd year! I've only been hunting since 2005!
I bagged a nice Tom opening morning of the 2006 Season and I got 2 this year! My last one on closing day! I went out in the T-storm, it stopped raining but was pretty windy....cloud cover kept it dark later than normal!
I was sitting under a large tree...late season using decoys is ineffective. My buddy tagged a nice 18lber a week prior sitting under the same tree!

So we wondered if there were any birds....was getting to be 6:30 AM and NO GOBBLING!!!! Then all of a sudden one gobbled up in the tree right next to the one I was sitting under!!! I had managed to sneak up THAT close to a roost!!!!

45 Mins later the gobbler (who was gobbling NON-STOP the whole 45 mins) finally flies down 45 yrds in front of me! He got 2 steps, ruffled his feathers and then down he went!!!

There were bigger turkeys around but with it being last day and all....

He ended up being 18.5 lbs with a 9" beard and 1.23 Inch long spurs.....

NOT TO SHABBY!!!

I posted pics of him in another post....about gobblers. Search for it and you'll see it!!!

Lets keep these lovely pics a goin!!!

J
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

Great pics TLunge.

I'm a big fan of the turkeys as well. Gotta love a gobble in the bush right in front of ya on a cool dark morning :D
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

whats the name of this animal in french ??

Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

Fishing 24/7 wrote:whats the name of this animal in french ??

Maybe this?

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martes_pennanti
ToadhunTer
Participant
Participant

Post by ToadhunTer »

TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TLunge »

I think peckan