Hunting- defective shotgun/Lebaron's WARNING

Joe28
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Hunting- defective shotgun/Lebaron's WARNING

Post by Joe28 »

I bought a Remington 870 from Lebaron's recently... it jammed after 2 shots. Removed the trigger section and tried again... 2 shots=jammed release switch.

Returned it 4 days after I bought it from Lebaron's. Now I have to wait until they send it back to Remington...

Not happy...

Really they should have given me a new one and they can wait for a replacement to arrive...

No discount/refund of any kind... last time I buy from them. Hope its here before grouse season... I'm doubtful.

Seems wrong... they say because I fired it they can't exchange it! Well... its a gun... only one way to find out if it works!
Was good for 2 shots!

Been 6 weeks now... nothing.

I know remington is going to send them a new one... or they should anyway... Lebaron's should demand it.

But they won't and I'm out dollars and time...
Prairieboy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Prairieboy »

I have had a Remington 870 Express shot gun for over 15 years and it has been great to me. I have fired off hundreds of rounds from 8 shot to slugs with no major issues to date. It is a great all round entry level gun.

Too bad about Lebarons, but those rules must be in the fine print. Have you contacted Remington directly?

Cheers,
Prairieboy
Joe28
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Joe28 »

Yup, that's why I bought it... My friend has one he's been using for awhile with no problems. I've used it and it's solid.

It's the new Remi 870's that are problematic... And it's not in the fine print...

There is no 'fine print'... they just tell you its 'Final Sale'... "unless there is something wrong with it..." I even asked at the cash because i did not like this stamp on my receipt...

Yeah, well, there is something wrong with the 870 I bought... so what do they do? A shoddy service attempt by making me wait for a Remington service exercise...

I'm solid on my opinion that they should give me a new replacement and that Lebaron's should wait for the replacement to arrive... not me.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

I had a similar issue at LeBaron with a new baitcasting reel that became defective 5 days after I bought it...tried getting a replacement and was told that they had to send it in for repair which was a 5-6 week turnaround :evil: .........I contacted Abu Garcia directly and explained that I bought the reel five days prior, specifically for a trip up north which was a week away and was NOT impressed with the fact that I had to wait 6 weeks....

They contacted LeBaron and arranged for me to go back and get a replacement...

My suggestion is to contact Remmington directly.....
JC
Participant
Participant

Post by JC »

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Its too bad they are the only outdoors place around that has all the gear. I had a real issue with an 870 express trio i was gonna buy for the spring turkey season, took them over a 120 days to tell me that Remington has discontinued the trio, but for the first 119 days they were telling me it was stuck at customs. I called once a week with the same answer, stuck at customs.
As well a minnow trap, they told me they had one and they would hold it for me till tomorrow close and I showed up and it was gone.
I know there are those here that insist that LeBarons has good service, I completely disagree, I have only had good dealings with the one dude who works behind the knife counter.
I have had many incidents where they have gone against their word and told me things that were not true.
I only go there if I know what I want, need to talk to no one and its not a special order!!
Thats my rant about that and I will say no more about that store!!
PS
Has someone told them this is the 21st century, what is with that archaic check out/ inventory system.....:)
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

NEVER BUY A GUN FROM LEBARON!!!!!!

They have 0 Customer service. I buy my guns from Stittsville Range or my gunsmith, or Al's (a Remington dealer in Arnprior) and Bennett's in Smiths Falls.

They take care of you. Lebaron's always tells you your SOL. Trust me on this my gunsmith deals with alot of "Lebaron" guns that broke and were told it would need to be sent back or worse the customer had to send it back themselves. Awsome customer service!!!! :roll:

There are alot of other, better gun retailers in the city and Gunco even has good prices on used firearms from time to time.

My gunsmith has always been cheaper than Lebaron and the most I ever waited for a gun was 1 week....and that was due to it being a restricted firearm.

Anyone want his # PM me. He is one of the only 3 certified gunsmiths in the area. Fantastic service, and quality......

Located between Smiths Falls and Carleton Place.

J
OTRA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

always goes bang

Post by OTRA »

Recently read an article about the 870, and the gist was they always go bang. I know from the one I've owned for 30 years, that's always been the case, and I've fired a lot of shells thru it.

As a side note for you grouse hunters, just got a new Llewellin setter puppy out of King Kennel.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

The 870 is a very reliable gun,

In fact it is the shotgun of choice for most police forces.
However, as with anything mechanical you can expect that there will be a few bad apples for every batch.

As unfortunate as that is.............
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Yeah, the lesson learned is to stick with a reputable dealer for anything you purchase... take for instance a rod or reel purchase... you know a guy like Ed from Paddletales is going to have a better relationship with his reps and distributors from years of doing business. LeBaron is a big box store that is not only impersonal when it comes to customer service, I fear it's the same way between them and their distributors as well. It's the difference between getting quick turnaround and taking it in the rear.... hope you can walk after all this is said and done... keep us posted, I'm always up for a good LeBaron horror story :lol: :lol:

Don
Joe28
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Joe28 »

Damn, I wish I'd known sooner...

I had thought by going to Lebaron's (the bigger store) I would avoid this. I always go to the local shops for fishing tackle especially Jim's in Calabogie as I fish mainly in that area... grew up in Bogie.

If I had known the other shops were better overall I would have gone there. I had a bad experience buying a firearm from Sports Action... more like Rip-Ya Action... all i want is to buy a gun and for that gun to shoot... Sports-Action don't care...

I've called several times this week to Lebaron's... takes awhile to get them and it hasn't come in yet. This is getting ridiculous...
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Joe28,

Cancel your order and then PM me. I'm sure after you speak with my gunsmith you'll get it real quick, pay less and be very happy with the before and after service.

His philosophy is if you buy there, anything goes wrong he takes care of it.
As he builds guns from scratch I am sure any mechanicl part is no issue.

Doubtful the barrel will be junk/

J
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

TheFishCoop wrote:Its too bad they are the only outdoors place around that has all the gear.
This statement made me laugh :lol:

They tend to be the most out of stock store I've ever been in. In fact that would be my only complaint about them. I've always had great service and experiences there, they just never have any product.
JC
Participant
Participant

Post by JC »

What I meant is all the gear in their catalog...LOL
Joe28
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Joe28 »

Still waiting on the shotgun.

Lebaron's has no information either about what is happening... just to wait and will call when it comes in.
Joe28
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Joe28 »

TheFishCoop wrote:What I meant is all the gear in their catalog...LOL
Cabela's catalogue is better than Lebaron's... with better service (as told by friends). Lebaron's service is basically MIA. (Non-existent).