Hunting- defective shotgun/Lebaron's WARNING

JC
Participant
Participant

Post by JC »

Sorry what I meant was rifle vs. the slug/sabot for deer!!
my mistake for the unclearness!!! 8)
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

IMHO

Rifle. I like them more and they get more distance.
A slug/sabot is heavier.
I only use a shotgun for turkey, ducks, grouse and geese.
Rifle for bear, deer, moose, coyote and pronghorn!
(wanna do caribou, elk and mule deer sooooooo badly!)

True most of the time a shot at a deer will be 60 yds max. But I like having the ability to do it at 200 yds.
I have yet to hear of or see a slug gun that can get that distance and if it did how accurate and at what load? (Shoulder pain!)
JC
Participant
Participant

Post by JC »

Great thanks again :D

CHeeRS
J
<*(((((((((((((><<<
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

Thefishcoop,
I have the 870 trio in synthetic, and I actually bought it from Roger Norris in westport. I absolutely love the gun. Last year I used it for both waterfowl and deer hunting. I like it so much actually that I bought another 870 in super mag this year and plan to keep the express for strictly deep and the super mag for water fowl. in the area where we deer hunt it is shot gun only so we have no choice. I can say from personal experience that with a rifled barrel and sabot slugs you will have no problem at all at 100yrds with a decent scope. In fact I shot a deer last year at 90yrds. I just bought the hornady sst sabot slugs this year and everyone I talk to about them says they are good to about 200yrds give or take. With new laws coming out with shot gun only areas there is much more technology going into slugs and shot guns. Anyway I have not a single complaint with either of my 870's all I can say is get a rifled barrel (you will get it in the trio) and sabots...and if anything does go wrong there are tons of parts out there to fix them easy. And cleaning is a breeze as there is nothing to them.

p.s. Roger is excellent to deal with and the guy at the gun counter with blond hair knows his stuff and is an honest guy.

orrsey
JC
Participant
Participant

Post by JC »

10-4
I planned on heading up Friday after work to purchase the trio. Is there any cheaper sabots that I could use to sight it in? Most of the ones I have seen are around $25 for 5.

thanks again
TMH
Participant
Participant

Post by TMH »

TheFishCoop wrote:10-4
I planned on heading up Friday after work to purchase the trio. Is there any cheaper sabots that I could use to sight it in? Most of the ones I have seen are around $25 for 5.

thanks again
'

Always sight in with the ammo you plan on hunting with.. I find most if not all ammo will pattern differently.
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

The Hornady Slugs at Norris's are $13. A lot cheaper because of the American Dollar. Other good slugs that I have used are the Winchester gold partition and the top of the line remington ones....I forget the actual name, but they are still around $25 per box, however the remington's are heavier and will be better for tight shooting in brush.

good luck and if you get the 870 you won't be disappointed.
orrsey
Joe28
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Joe28 »

It's back! Works as it should now!