Eastern Ontario Hunting forum??

Robert Goulet
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Eastern Ontario Hunting forum??

Post by Robert Goulet »

Hey All,

I like all of you have come to rely on fish-hawk for all things fishing related and I am so glad that I finally stumbled upon this site as it has provided me with so much information, tips and strategies.

Now that hunting season is upon us and is ramping up towards both bow and rifle season for deer I started looking for a hunting forum, hoping that there was one similar to this for Eastern Ontario where I can learn from like-minded individuals but alas I haven't been able to find one.

I was wondering if anyone out here knows of any forums or if they could pass along any websites that they frequent for hunting knowledge and information.

Maybe if enough of us bug Bobber, he might start up an offshoot of Fish-Hawk geared towards hunting. I'd say he'd have a pretty captive audience with just the guys that are on here.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice that you can give.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Certainly can help you out!

www.nwtf.org

It has links to local chapters in the area.

Delta Waterfowl for ducks. There is a chapter in Almonte/Carleton Place.

For deer there are alot of sites but not really an open forum. I agree one is needed. But I'll tell you, if you think a site like this is bad for people giving out fishing locations a hunting forum would be 1MX worse!!!

Best bet is to join a fish & game club in your area. They usually organize pheasant hunts and it is a good place to buddy up and join deer camps.

I became a member of one camp through my hand gun club.

Yes, I'd love to head up a Fish-Hawk like site for a hunting forum!
Great suggestion!

J
paid2fish
Participant
Participant

Post by paid2fish »

A hunting forum like this would be great.

FYI- there is also a Delta Waterfowl chapter east of Ottawa, in Berwick (South Nation Delta Waterfowl).
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Thanks!
I wasn't aware of that one.
I know the Broken Clays chapter. I'm a member of Delta and I'll be starting to go to the meetings!
Doeun_k
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Doeun_k »

Welcome
Hi i just started hunting last year, i only got to shoot only one rabbit. well this is the form that i use and it is really helpful most of the people on this form and from eastern ontario http://forums.huntontario.com/index.jspa

good luck and talk care
DK
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

You asked for it.....I provide it...... :) Have fun.

Cheers,
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

Yeah I'm also a member of the NWTF Ottawa Turkey Trackers, and of the Delta waterfowl (I attended their first Banquet in Almonte, but since I'm a quebec resident I don't know if I belong to the Broken Clay of Carleton or the Chapter in QC. Oh Well.

I know I'm a member of the Ducks Unlimited of Canada of the Outaouais Chapter. Attended their Banquet also.
bardern
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bardern »

flocknockers.com for all things about goose hunting. There is a Canadian forum that a lot of guys from eastern ontario use. outstanding site. also well used varmit and turkey forums