Canada Geese are so stupid!

Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Canada Geese are so stupid!

Post by Jimmy_1 »

We were out goose hunting yesterday.
We get a nice small flock to commit and kite in.
When they get within range we start unloading at em. So the majority decide to fly off. But one of them sees 2 dead flapping around and decides to land again...he just had the expression of "What's wrong you guys why are you flying off".....I never gave him the time to realize his mistake!

Then it got a little slow for a bit. Some high flyers, nothing low enough to come in to our decoy spread.

Then as we are about to pack up a group come over the corn and decide to come in. So we shoot at them through the corn and manage 2 (shooting through 12ft stalks and up isn't easy!).

This flock decides to circle around again!?! But when they do a flock member goes into cardiac arrest and dies!!! We were laughing so hard! We got 1 goose free! No wasted shot and no shot damage!

All in all a good 3 1/2 hrs and 6 geese to show for it!

J
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

Jamsers,

Nice job, not a bad take for 3 hours of work. Its funny though out on the river they aren't being so stupid. Most have been avoiding me like the plague. I am sure it has to do with all the shooting on the water in the last couple weeks.

orrsey
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Was out again last night!
My wife and a buddy of mine decided to hunt geese.
Within 20 mins we had our first flock come in.
I bagged 2 (3 shells max in my shotgun at one time! That's regs!), my buddy bagged 1 and winged 1 that flew away.
My wife grounded 1 and I finished it for her.

So we came home with 3 and my buddy 1.

Once again we shoot and a bunch stayed on the ground! Easy pickings!
Not alot of fliers though!

J
hawg hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by hawg hunter »

that goose that came back to have another look was no doult looking for its mate you just shot,thats the only reason they come back.
sure sounds like a good hunt to me and that heart attack goose heck im still :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hawg Hunter