First of the year

Buck Fever
Participant
Participant

First of the year

Post by Buck Fever »

Went out Sunday with my oldest son (10) for his first hunt this year. We were in the stand less than half an hour when we were visited by 5 turkeys who stuck around for 30 minutes. I snapped a quick pic as they were arriving

They finally left and I poked him and told him to look to the left, there was a small doe coming towards us. She approached cautiously but she was right below us, he told me to shoot her. He was so excited, I told him to wait a bit as it was still really early. I tried to take a pic of her but she caught my movement and became nervous. A couple minutes later I look and see another deer approaching. I told my son to look. He yells (almost) "It's a daddy deer" His eyes were the size of saucers. After a few minutes the buck walked to within 15 yards. I decided to take him I shot and the deer runs off. My son yells to me, "I know where he went down". We wait a few minutes and I follow his instructions. He brought me within 20 yards of where the deer went down. The deer was 7 points, I was going to wait for something a little bigger for my first but his excitement got to me :) Here are a couple pics:
Robert Goulet
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Robert Goulet »

Very nice story...your son must think you're the coolest dad in the world right now.
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

Congrats! Your son looks mighty impressed.
Joe28
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Joe28 »

Nice!
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

Hey Hey Buck Fever, congrats. Great to have your son experience this hobby. He'll know now why you go hunting and how you bring the venison back.

:wink: