MI Buck

bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

MI Buck

Post by bradford2 »

Went for a short trip to MI to do some deer hunting with the family. My dad has a camp in the UP near Escanaba.

Got there the night before opener just in time to see my Grandpa head out for his last bowhunt before the gun season. My dad wasn't going to go out but I told him to go for it. Good thing, he shot a spike with the bow that night. One on the pole.

Next morning things were pretty quiet. Around 10 I had a pretty small deer come in. While I was debating to shoot or not, it winded me and took off. I was kindof upset about it, but as luck would have it ten minutes later I saw antlers coming through the cedars. He came into view and I put my crosshairs on his chest. The bullet entered just in front of his right leg and exited just behind his left leg. 10 foot recovery 8)

Ended up being a 2 year old 5 pointer. Later that afternoon my grandfather also shot a 5 pointer. So all in all it was a good day.

Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Nice buck Brad!!
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
franklauzon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Nice to see...

Post by franklauzon »

Someone shooting deer... Most depressing year ever... Good thing the birds are making up for it!! :lol:
Leechman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Leechman »

Great shooting bradford2 8) :D
Got to love deer hunting for sure :D
Fish Finder
Joe28
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Joe28 »

Congrats! Definitely a nice buck!