How accurate are you in shooting an arrow

LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

How accurate are you in shooting an arrow

Post by LeGrand »

In Chelsea, QC (north of Gatineau), there was the odd time at the Archery tournament a similar target made out of metal (bear as a matter of fact, but with the hole the size of the first one on the video), which made it quite interesting for participants to either have the pleasure of succeding or seeing their arrows destroyed. You got the foam target you got 10 points, you missed you got 0 points. With my recurve bow, I got the target on the second round, but on the first one, my aluminum arrow made a heck of a lot of noise on the metal (60 lb tension). A $12.00 (at the time) noise you remember for a long time afterwards.

:shock: :lol:

This competition is not from Chelsea, QC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbC80OCPvbA

Would you risk an arrow or two to show-off your skills. Remember the concentration is to shot at a spot on the target, not to concentrate on the target. That's what makes a real kill in the vital zone of the game.
Joe28
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Joe28 »

That sounds like a fun tournament. I can't see the video since I'm using dial-up and it takes forever.

How big is the target and how far away?

I'd be fairly confident at 30 yards and a plate size target and maybe 25 yards and a large apple sized target. No wind of course!

I'd maybe even go further with my crossbow, maybe 40 yards.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

That was about the sizes Joe...Should see the spiderweb on one of those arrows...Don't know how many pounds that bow was but it obviously was enough to set the arrow in metal :shock: I would not miss the first size hole but that second one..might take a few shots :oops:
Joe28
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Joe28 »

I finally saw the video... no problem. I could hit them no problem at all. I had a range set up at my cottage in Calabogie and I've practised way, way too long. Now if the deer would just present themselves as targets... oh well...