Missed the big'un

TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Missed the big'un

Post by TLunge »

Missed a huge one this year :cry: :oops:
The biggest buck I have ever seen, would have definately been my pb by far. I was on a ground stand and had cleared some leaves so I could move into shooting position very quietly but the buck came from a direction I was not expecting and was walking pretty fast so I was not able to get into shooting position before he disappeared behind a small hill 50 yards away. He was a really majestic and huge buck, not exactly sure how many points but in the 160 class probably.
Once in position the realization that within a few seconds I was going to take a massive trophy buck was just so intense, man my neck was just pounding, buck fever, shaking, everything.
Well he came out and I missed three broadside shots at him at 60 yards
My scope had been bumped.........the aim was way off
Grieved out for awhile then called her a day as I knew I would not be having any more chances like that.

I was pretty upset for a few days but returned on closing day with the other rifle and bagged a pretty nice 9 pointer while stillhunting
It was alot of fun, I think it will help lessen the grief of missing the huge one, cant wait til next year
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

Right on. Too bad about missing the big deer but the one you got was a beauty! What wmu were you hunting? 64A is still open until tomorrow.... and I'll be looking for one.

Were you hungint near fields at all? I often wonder if there are deer that big in the bush with no close by fields......

Congrats!
tombiosis
Participant
Participant

Post by tombiosis »

oooowuuuhhhnnnnaaahhhh!
Nice!
TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TLunge »

Thanks boys, there were some hay fields within a km or less but I got him in the bush not close to any field, in wmu 63
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Nice buck !!!
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
JC
Participant
Participant

Post by JC »

yup that is a nice buck....

Hopefully I get my first this weekend.....
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

That's a nice pic of a buck. congrats on the 9 pointer but too bad about missing the monster.