Stay out of our spot!!!

DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Stay out of our spot!!!

Post by DropShotr »

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i267.photobucket.com/player.swf? ... IM0655.flv">

DropShot'r
gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :D
Life goes on
Pug
Participant
Participant

Post by Pug »

looks like an abondoned veichle thats been there a long time
however you do get an idea of the mentality of some people out in the woods
be careful out there
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Hey Dropsht'r
Do guys fishing in your spots get the same '' treatment '' :wink: 8) :lol:
gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life goes on
hook&shoot
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

tresspasssing etc

Post by hook&shoot »

Hello,

I have had the worst season this year for other hunters trespassing on property that I have exclusive rights to hunt. Unfortunately this season in my WMU 64A was the worst in several years and some ignorant hunters think its ok to run hounds over my area since they are coming up empty on there lands. I do not hunt with dogs and do not appreciate this having done to me. I hunt in three main areas in and around Lanark and the Highlands and on all three I have had to kick guys off or talk to guys about running dogs on area next to their camps that I was hunting. Most could not give a s*** which is really bad ethics. Hey we all have poor seasons and my genitalia does not shrink if I do not bag a ten pointer every year. I have at this time no dear in the freezer, partially because it has been a poor year and the MNR has done a brutal job of deer management in my opinion, but also this greediness of other hunters that have no code or morals. ( You can not allow hunters the option of buying up to 6 tags for three seasons and wonder why now there are no deer)
Some well established hunt camps are responsible for these infringements and man it burns me that these things happen.

I am looking to see if anyone else has had th same headaches that I did this season

Hook & Shoot
hook&shoot
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

tresspasssing etc

Post by hook&shoot »

Hello,

I have had the worst season this year for other hunters trespassing on property that I have exclusive rights to hunt. Unfortunately this season in my WMU 64A was the worst in several years and some ignorant hunters think its ok to run hounds over my area since they are coming up empty on there lands. I do not hunt with dogs and do not appreciate this having done to me. I hunt in three main areas in and around Lanark and the Highlands and on all three I have had to kick guys off or talk to guys about running dogs on area next to their camps that I was hunting. Most could not give a s*** which is really bad ethics. Hey we all have poor seasons and my genitalia does not shrink if I do not bag a ten pointer every year. I have at this time no dear in the freezer, partially because it has been a poor year and the MNR has done a brutal job of deer management in my opinion, but also this greediness of other hunters that have no code or morals. ( You can not allow hunters the option of buying up to 6 tags for three seasons and wonder why now there are no deer now)
Some well established hunt camps are responsible for these infringements and man it burns me that these things happen.
I know hear rumours that my WMU and others bordering it may be controlled hunts which means no dogs and a worse lottery than the joke phone draw that now exists.

I am looking to see if anyone else has had the same headaches that I did this season

Regards
Hook & Shoot
TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TLunge »

Hi,welcome to FH, I had people run hounds through my area one year up near Lanark and it sucked, I know what you mean. I went and caught the guy and told him it was private property with hunters on it and he did not seem to give a s#it, he just quickly said "sorry, no worries, I'll be out of here in a second, were just starting our run here to get to the ol' McLaughlin place over the ridge bye" as he walked away. I was pee pee but did not really want to start a fued with the neibouring hunt camp so I had to let it go.
I thought the MNR's tag system was pretty good lately. Nobody knows for sure why the numbers are down but I dont believe it was due to the additional tags that have been offered lately.
I have heard evidence from a few people of a winter die-off occouring as they found several carcasses in the spring that were somewhat together and had not been killed or eaten by coyotes.
TLunge
tofisherman
Participant
Participant

Trespassers

Post by tofisherman »

Last year during Turkey opener I couldn't have been more excited. I took a buddy out with me for his first time. We hit the field 1.5 hours before light. I got him setup and continued on down my uncles farm field in Kirkville another 3 yards or so.

Just as the dawn was coming I could hear something sneaking up behind me. Next thing I knew a guy blatantly walked just past my Decoys in low light. I have never been so livid. It took everything I had to stop myself from having a fit on the guy. He walked from a highway three hundred yards across private property telling me he was on his way to meet some friends. When asked where the friends were the guy had no idea where he was.

I let it go that day with the exception of telling him to get back to his car before I called the OPP. I later learned from talking with a CO that he could have been charged by them for trespassing with the intent to hunt. You just got to be willing to testify and take a picture of the guy's car and know for a fact he is hunting with bow or firearm.

It’s time we all look for a little enforcement given how hard it can be to get permission.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Last season on the last day of turkey me and a fellow F-H member ( :wink: ) went out turkey hunting. We had set-up in the middle of a thunderstorm. Thankfully the rain had stopped for the hunt.

I had successfuly filled my last tag due to my buddies stellar calling abilities! (albeit he and I were getting annoyed at how much this bird gobbled!!).

As I tag the bird and sling it over my shoulder the rain starts to come down hard. We round the bend and see a guy tresspassing with a FULL set of decoys out!

No better way of saying F-U to a tresspasser than walking out with a game animal as the thunderstorm starts up again. It was as if God too were laughing at this guy!

Somehow me thinks he was not lucky.......
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

Bass Addict wrote:Hey Dropsht'r
Do guys fishing in your spots get the same '' treatment '' :wink: 8) :lol:
No...........I carry a baseball bat in the boat :wink:

DropShot'r
gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

This really surprises me I did not think that people would trespass on other peoples land let alone set up without permission. I can understand why you guys can get ...shall we say... "annoyed". My hat's off to you for your diplomacy and self control.
Life goes on
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Trespassing happens more often than you think.

There are too many ignorant folk who have no qualms walking, driving or running dogs all over your property.

I think Ontario should ban the use of dogs for deer hunting and secondly I think fines/charges should be made more severe for people who are willingly trespassing.

J
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Heres a story of the most ignorant trespasser of all time , he walked across private property to access one of our lake x's in the winter time , when my buddy confronted him ,,and advised him it was private property
the Dude in question replied i'm not walking on your property i;m walking on the snow which is insulated from the ground..... :shock: :shock:

:roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

WOW!!!!
He actually had the gall to say that!

So I guess you guys should go and have a pic-nic on this guys front yard.
When he comes out complaining you should tell him you are not sitting on his property, the blanket is insulating the grass! :lol: