PAL and buying ammo question

Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

WOW! The software on this site automatically changes a four letter word that rhymes with "kiss" into "pee pee." :lol:

How wholesome! :P

Up until a moment ago, I was not thinking that the Old English word for urinate was a bad one.......... :roll:

Doug
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Why LeBaron's has pee pee poor customer service and inventory at times...

They stay in business? Doubtful this will affect that CTC stores bottom line.

Now before I get chewed out here..I think that:

1) Stores that treat customers badly should get some kind of retribution

2) That what happened is really worrisome and I hope Orresy gets the reasoning for this and the copy of his PAL returned....
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

thanks for all the reply's and advice guys. I plan on calling the store back again tomorrow as I have given them 4-5 days to return my call from the first time. A few posts back I saw that bardern stated someone with a PAL copy could but firearms from SIR...is this true?

orrsey
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Unfortunately yes....

But I think SIR may ask for another piece of ID like a drivers license etc.
I also think they may be strict about hipping only to the address on the PAL and the license. However I am not sure as I have never ordered a gun before.
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

I do not know about SIR, but I have surely purchased firearms over the phone/Internet and only provided my PAL NUMBER, not a copy.

But when it comes time for a transfer, a licenced dealer still needs to know full name, address, DOB, etc for the buyer. In a gun deal from a private individual, the buyer must contact CFC with a number of personal details that are not on the PAL.

I think the likelihood of a photocopied PAL being used to purchase a gun is just about zero.

(After all, most criminals buy unregistered guns from fellow criminals, and avoid all of the hassle and BS.) :roll:

Doug
bardern
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bardern »

your PAL does not include a civic address. I noticed this when I went for a new health card and couldn't use my PAL for ID as it doesn't include an address. :shock:

I have not ordered thru SIR but I THINK that all you need is your PAL. :?

Doug you are right on about criminals and buying guns illegally but lots of people do not have pal for whatever reason. There are fake hunting licenses out there so I would assume if you had contections you could find people looking to buy firearms under the table too.
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

back to bardern.......at most gun shows that I have attended, there are folks looking to buy "unpapered" guns, and fellows selling the same.

Some of the would-be buyers and sellers are undercover law enforcement officers.

Most members of LUFA will buy and sell unregistered firearms without a lot of attention to whether the buyer or seller has a PAL. I am not aware of a case where a LUFA member has been charged with an offence under the Firearms Act. Unless Bruce Montague is a member of LUFA....

But anyways I think that the chance of orrsey's photocopied PAL being used in a nefarious way is about zero. Nothwithstanding that fact, it is an unwarranted and unacceptable action on the part of the CTC clerk, and needs (in my view) to be addressed.

Doug