Moose Review ....Review

hook&shoot
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Moose Review ....Review

Post by hook&shoot »

Well,
I moseyed on down to the Moose Review information after work yesterday at the Nepean Sportsplex. as I went early there were not too many folks there although I did recognize a couple of hunters from the Bogie area. Wow lots of information,and despite being an avid naysayer good ideas.But the thing I found most interesting was the idea of a points system for hunting moose in Ontario. Too much to go over in this forum but check it out on the MNR website under moose review.
H&S
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

I've read over the point system... I'm just wondering how it can be applied any differently than group size. The one benefit I see is possibly removing such group sizes of up to 16 but then again that will mean you pool points together back to the group thing.

There are some good ideas and lots of info on this but they do need to focus on the management of the future of the heard which is nice to see.

I'm fairly new to moose hunting and see the games that are played to ensure licenses are drawn. What may need to be done is actually enforce certain laws with certain groups that I have personally witnessed up north when C/O's don't even bother as they will end up loosing their battle in court.

Good to see some changes in the future... 2010 or???