Gobble gobble Boom!

Buck Fever
Participant
Participant

Gobble gobble Boom!

Post by Buck Fever »

Went out this morning. arrived nice and early to set up. As I was walking in I heard movement then saw it was a skunk. I was hoping it wasn't a sign saying I was going to get skunked lol. :shock: Get to my spot and set up the decoys, good it is still really dark. Much better than last year :oops: . I grab a seat and wait. the birds are chirping but I don't hear any turkeys... I was starting to get a little worried lol. As the sky begins to brighten I look in a tree about 200 yards away, there is a blob. I watch the blob and it starts to move :D A turkey. Then the gobbling goes off everywhere. I hear a shot the the left. The gobbling goes crazy, 10 minutes later 3 shots in front of me( same guy), gobbling at every shot. I call on my Gobblestalker call and the turkeys go nuts. 5 minutes later I hear something moving across the fence row in front of me. I look and it is a turkey followed by another and another and another. 4 of them 40 yards away they were approaching so I waited. One of them was in strut the whole time. They finally got to 15 yards away from me when I shot. the bird went down and the 3 others stuck around. Felt like forever when they finally moved lol. once they were out of sight I got up to claim my bird and see the remaining 3 at the end of the field along with 6 deer. They finally spooked and went to tag my bird. After tagging it and taking a few pics I gathered all my stuff. I look to my left and there was another deer. looks like it will be a good deer season as well!!! Pics to follow later today :lol:
pappy
Participant
Participant

Post by pappy »

Last edited by pappy on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buck Fever
Participant
Participant

Post by Buck Fever »

Ya I am taking my youngest son with me Saturday. I hope the weather is nice. Good luck!! Here are a couple pics

pappy
Participant
Participant

Post by pappy »

Last edited by pappy on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Congrats - nice bird!!
I had one lonely Tom come in to my calling around 6:45am.
He entered the field from the woods about 100yds from my decoys. Kept gobbling and strutting, moved in to around 60 yards. Then he went back into the woods, I think because the hen decoys didn't come to him.

Two toms, one a cinammon, at the dust bowl this afternoon, but I was out of range.

I have my eye on that big cinammon Tom - hope I can harvest him. He was a jake last year, came into my set, and I let him walk. What a beauty he is this year!! Glad I didn't take him last year...
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Nice Jakie!
Doeun_k
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Doeun_k »

Good eating nutty turkey