Be careful out there

TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Be careful out there

Post by TLunge »

Some hillbilly from 2 farms over aproached my hunting position, unseen to me and took a shot at my decoys with a 22, on my property.....then accused me of being on private property......it was a fiasco to say the least.
Careful when setting up folks there are complete morons out there!
Doeun_k
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Doeun_k »

your so lucky he didnt get you, like the guy in the goose blind who got shot in the head wit the .22
hook&shoot
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by hook&shoot »

He would get rimmed with his rimfire if I caught up with him :twisted:
H&S
Super
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Turkey

Post by Super »

Hi
I just took the course this spring and everyone was laughing at the video of someone sneaking up on decoys.
They could not believe anyone is that stupid.
The instructor said to always have your back protected and make sure you can see anyone coming towards you.
Good thing you were in a proper position.
Your Hillbilly acquantance should not have been out with a .22 and of course probably did not have a licence.
Did you report him?
Super
TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TLunge »

I was pretty mad thats for sure and the guy seemed like a really stupid moron, im talking ......brutal!!!! obviously
I thought about calling and am still thinking about reporting him but for now after calming down I think the confrontation should result in me never having to see him/them near my property again, that would be the ideal anyway.
They are one field away from me so going to war would be.......oh well....one more slight problem of any kind and I will have to report them
TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TLunge »

I was pretty mad thats for sure and the guy seemed like a really stupid moron, im talking ......brutal!!!! obviously
I thought about calling and am still thinking about reporting him but for now after calming down I think the confrontation should result in me never having to see him/them near my property again, that would be the ideal anyway.
They are one field away from me so going to war would be.......oh well....one more slight problem of any kind and I will have to report them
Mr Champ
Participant
Participant

Post by Mr Champ »

What do you mean by Hillbilly?
TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TLunge »

I meant like a backwoods inbred that is stupid enough to stalk up on someones decoy spread and open fire with a 22 and almost kill someone
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

That is quite a thing to have happen to you. :evil:

You are fortunate that you were not hurt. The schmuck is also fortunate that he snuck up on you rather than some other people that would not have been so kind as to let him walk.

Tough when you have to deal with this kind of moron. Would be nice to see him charged, but as you say, there could be repurcussions.

Hard to know the best solution. I think you did the right thing by waiting to cool down before deciding.