DOUG’S ROAD-KILL GOOSE

Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

DOUG’S ROAD-KILL GOOSE

Post by Doug »

It is not necessary, of course, to use road kill for this recipe, and indeed I would not recommend it. I just wanted to give the recipe a catchy sounding name. :wink:

And just in case anybody reading this thinks step 1 is serious, please take a valium, it's just a giggle.

Doug

DOUG’S ROAD-KILL GOOSE

OK this is one I did a few years ago............before the statute of limitations... :wink:

1. Remove feathers and all other evidence from front grill of truck where you had to go a bit off-road to hit the goose. This is the most important part of the recipe.

2. Draw the goose (ie gut the stinky damned thing) either now or after step 3.

3. SKIN the goose (you may pluck it if you wish but you are wasting your time.)

4. Place the gutted, skinned/plucked carcass in a "brine" of apple juice, garlic, seasoning salt,and something sweet (honey/maple syrup (best)/brown sugar/whatever you have) in an airtight container and get all the air out. I use a heavy duty plastic bag. Refrigerate overnight, then drain off the marinade.

5. Smoke the whole bird over apple or other fruit wood for about six hours, depending on your smoker, until the meat is cooked to about "medium."

6. Allow the goose to cool, then (with a filleting knife) fillet all of the meat off the carcass in very thin slices. Most of the meat is on the breast of course, but don't miss the legs (fillet out the tendons), and other spots. You can use the carcass for soup or sauces, or throw it out.

7. Serve the smoked goose slices on thin rye bread slices with creamed cheese and fresh squeezed lime juice.

If this one doesn't give you shivers, you are legally dead. TRUST ME.
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

I would like you to know that I have taken copies of this and the other recipies...

I cannot wait to go bang-bang, pluck, smoke, yummmmm...
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

Enjoy!

Early season starts tomorrow but I don't think I will get out. The last of my goose breasts went into salami and pepperettes. Time for some new stuff!

Doug