Partridge Numbers

Robert Goulet
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Partridge Numbers

Post by Robert Goulet »

I have heard that partridge populations tend to follow a cycle and after what I saw last year and based on the huge success that others that I spoke with had, I would say that we were definitely at or near the peak of that cycle last year.

My question is, will this year be roughly the same as the numbers continue to trend up or come down slightly like a bell curve, or is the cycle more random than that with 1 good season followed by 2 bad, followed by 3 good etc??
tinman454
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

low numbers!!!

Post by tinman454 »

From what they say about this bird it will be low this year. the number one thing is nesting and from this year i don't think manny babys will be hatched around ottawa i would think a lot of the nests were washed out! with all the rain ! Lets hope not but i didnt see many low laying areas that weren't under water right at peak nesting time . cheers terry.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Where we are the birds nest in the hills.
I haven't seen too much of a decline recently. We get them on the front yard a lot.

Usually we are too busy with hunting deer to worry about them and as its so thick with trees its usually too late by the time you do see them.

Heard lots of drumming this spring though!