50 and where to start

Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

50 and where to start

Post by Bear »

Ok, heres my question :oops: never had the chance to hunt, tried shooting a few times but for some reason, I doubt I could hit a barn door at 10 feet with a shot gun :shock: .
I'm thinking more of archery, so where and how would i go about it
Bear
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Bear,

Go see Reg at Gobble N Grunt on McArton rd in Almonte. Closest and best advice/selection around. You can try out bows/crossbows and he'll set you up.

Not to mention he also has 3D targets on site (bear, deer, turkey, mountain goat etc)

Don't get hung up on brands. A bow is like a golf club. You really do need to be fitted properly for it. Just as clubs are lengthened and shortedned bows are also tunes (to a point) to fit the shooter.

I walked into the now closed archery shop in Barrhaven and tried a WHACK of bows. I was luckily best fitted to the HOYT Turbo tec they had in.

Shoot me a PM or something. I live in your area and would be glad to chat. I shoot both a compound and a crossbow. In fact in 4 weeks time when I move I'll be setting up some 3D targets in my woods. Your welcome to come and shoot if ya like!

J
hook&shoot
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by hook&shoot »

Bear,
I am also in CP so PM and we can hook up too if you like. I am an avid bowhunter.
H&S