Arnprior butchers

cvenne
Participant
Participant

Arnprior butchers

Post by cvenne »

Got me deer last night (small 7pt) and i am wondering if anyone has some reccomendations for local buthers here in the Arnprior area that will do it by hand and debone at the same time? Looking for someone that doesn't use the band saw.

Thx
TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TLunge »

Ya the bandsaw is not good, you should just do them yourself, its pretty simple once you get going at it
TMH
Participant
Participant

Post by TMH »

I've used Back country butchers for the last 3 years in Kinburn 613-832-2646
TMH
Participant
Participant

Post by TMH »

And post up a pic of your deer.. :D
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

TMH wrote:I've used Back country butchers for the last 3 years in Kinburn 613-832-2646
Same here....well I used them once..... but the price is getting pretty ridiculous.... Correct me if I'm wrong but it's $70 a deer this year?
ASK
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ASK »

Good job cvenne

Any Pics for deer please :lol:

ASK
TMH
Participant
Participant

Post by TMH »

fatluke wrote:
TMH wrote:I've used Back country butchers for the last 3 years in Kinburn 613-832-2646
Same here....well I used them once..... but the price is getting pretty ridiculous.... Correct me if I'm wrong but it's $70 a deer this year?
Not sure about this year< last year it was 65$ If thy keep raising prices they'll be losing business for sure..
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

I paid $70 last year too compared to $60 the year before. I chalked it up to that many less deer coming through their door, even though we shouldn't pay the price for that.
cvenne
Participant
Participant

Post by cvenne »

The guy that owns Valley Roots does them out of his house. $65 and that includes him skinning the deer. He did a fantastic job.. Very pleased.
wheresdad
Participant
Participant

Post by wheresdad »

This is good to know. I hope to bag my first deer this year.

I'll be hunting both east and west of Ottawa. If my luck resides to the west I may give them a try. I've bought meat at Scheel's in Pakenham in the past and know they butcher deer but have not idea of the cost.

Does anyone know of a reputable butcher east of Ottawa, say between Casselman and Rockland?

Thanks all
Ray
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cgates »

You may want to check out country meat & kitchen on dunning rd in cumberland he's very good anything you want not sure on the price we have gone there for 10 plus yrs :D never had a problem