Duck/Goose Hunting - Dunrobin Area

The_Captain!
Participant
Participant

Duck/Goose Hunting - Dunrobin Area

Post by The_Captain! »

I was at the Marina near Dunrobin recently and saw some birds across the river in a small bay on the Quebec side.

Anybody ever hunt there?

Seems like an okay spot... just need a Quebec small game license I suppose.

Is it worth the trip?

Cheers,

J
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

I'm guessing that you don't know that there's a F-H hunting forum.
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

beachburger wrote:I'm guessing that you don't know that there's a F-H hunting forum.
yeah he does...he's waiting to get in (I can't do it for him unfortunately). thats why i haven't moved these threads quickly
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

It's not a small game license that you need?? It's a migratory bird license if I remember well.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

Wallyboss wrote:It's not a small game license that you need?? It's a migratory bird license if I remember well.
Plus the small game license of the Province territory you will hunting from.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Oh okay the Migratory bird license is federal??? Never did any Duck hunting.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Maple
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Maple »

You will need a small game licence, migratory bird licence, firearm acquisition/posession permit, firearm registration certificate, powerboat operators card, and you will have to be aware of the local Bird Sanctuaries on the Que and Ont side or the river (Shirley's Bay and Aylmer).

Plus check the local bylaws for discharge of firearm restrictions. Make sure you have landowners permission, if applicable, and functioning navigation lights on your watercraft. If you make too much gun noise before 7:00 AM you may find the local gendarms on your case as well. Ask me how I know.

Good luck with the duck hunting.

Maple
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Maple wrote:You will need a small game licence, migratory bird licence, firearm acquisition/posession permit, firearm registration certificate, powerboat operators card, and you will have to be aware of the local Bird Sanctuaries on the Que and Ont side or the river (Shirley's Bay and Aylmer).

Plus check the local bylaws for discharge of firearm restrictions. Make sure you have landowners permission, if applicable, and functioning navigation lights on your watercraft. If you make too much gun noise before 7:00 AM you may find the local gendarms on your case as well. Ask me how I know.

Maple
amen :lol:
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

troutnmuskiehunter wrote:
Maple wrote:You will need a small game licence, migratory bird licence, firearm acquisition/posession permit, firearm registration certificate, powerboat operators card, and you will have to be aware of the local Bird Sanctuaries on the Que and Ont side or the river (Shirley's Bay and Aylmer).

Maple
amen :lol:
Better stick to the fields.

:roll: