hunt camp 2010

pikefisher2009
Participant
Participant

hunt camp 2010

Post by pikefisher2009 »

hey guys im looking to join a hunting camp for 2010 season for deer season ,im going to be 38 ,and currently hunting deer in the denbeigh area where my parents live, i have the use of 100 acres but im 1 guy and so much land ,this year i saw no sighs no one was using dogs like they used in the previous years,im looking to join a group of 6 or less.this area i feel has been over hunted as there is many camps.
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

I get around the back country a fair bit from Renfrew to Bancroft, Whitney and Bissetts Creek and all points in between. And talk to lots of people, and everyone is reporting lots of deer on their trail cams.

I know of one camp that has atleast 4 trail cams, and have seen the pics, every day there are at least 5 different deer at each trail cam. Now unfortunately for them, the bucks are only showing up at night.

There is no shortage of deer, true there may not be as many as a couple of years ago, and the MNR cut back the number of antlerless tags this year. Next year you will see a difference in numbers.

What I have also noticed is a decrease in the number of hunters, I didn't see as much blaze orange on Monday morning as I remember seeing in the past. This may change in the future if the long gun registry gets removed and people bring out the guns they have been hiding for the past 15 years.

Have you seen any elk?

But back to your question, are you looking to form or build a camp on your parents land?

Or are you looking to join / buy in to an existing camp?
pikefisher2009
Participant
Participant

hunt camp

Post by pikefisher2009 »

well this property i use is not owned by my parents ,its the neighbour he has the 100 acres and lets me use it i wouldnt mind getting into a camp for a reasonable fee ,im not sure if the guy will let me hunt on the propery with other people.im a meat hunter and love deer meat ,so im the type of person who dont care who shoots deer just as long as we have a chance of getting deer,we did have a full moon for three nights in a row,maybe that affected the deer ,not sure.
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

do you have an antlerless tag this year ?
pikefisher2009
Participant
Participant

deer

Post by pikefisher2009 »

no i didnt get a tag this year ,maybe next year.