First Step to Scrap the Long Gun Registry

MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

First Step to Scrap the Long Gun Registry

Post by MLR »

Well finally a step in the right direction, real curious to see who is on the review committee, and real concerned that there are more liberal senators than conservative senators. Keeping in mind that some of the Liberal senators are the ones who passed this stupid law in the first place.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/pol ... le1351328/
TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TLunge »

Yes I'm hopefull it goes through too, but.....you know.......Canada........and Liberals.....................................................
I hope it does'nt get held up and stalled in the senate :oops: :oops:
I think it is the worst bungling fiasco ever in the history of Canada. It boils down to fighting duck hunters, farmers, and law abiding hunters while at the same time not dealing with bad people, gangs, crime, desperate criminals, illegal guns etc. 2 billion and not a single murder has been prevented...................................... what a complete failure by the liberals!
liphooked
Participant
Participant

Post by liphooked »

Hi.
I've seen it publisized over here in one of the Journals from an Organisation I belong to where they are Lobbying to remove Longarm Registration in Canada which has been a failure,we have the same problem,Automatic,Pump Action Shotguns,Automatic Rifles were made illegal,again by a Liberal Government in a massive Half a Million Dollar Buyback Scheme. :?: :?:
The only ones I feel should have been restricted are the Military Auto Types,as the Valmet's & the BAR's were a good rifle for Samba Deer Hunting .
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

The odds just got better with Harper appointing 5 more conservative senators. The conservative appointed senators now out number the liberal senators.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

ABOUT FREAKIN TIME!!!

Now if ONLY we could get rid of McGuinty!!!!
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Once the long gun registry is gone, I would bet that the restricted registry will be enhanced in some way shape or form. And almost impossible to legally buy a hand gun.
TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TLunge »

I hope not, maybe that would happen if the liberals got back in.
Hopefully they will crack down on illegal guns and the criminals and gang members that the cops know exactly who they are that have the illegal guns but whose hands are tied by our liberal injustice system.
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

I hope they don't either, but have a feeling that they will still try sell the idea that if all hand guns are elliminated that gun crimes will disappear. Even though we know that gangs and criminals are not registering their hand guns.
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

MLR wrote:... Even though we know that gangs and criminals are not registering their hand guns.
Or sourcing them from Canada... if handguns were eliminated, the only effect it would have is the price would go up...