Long Underwear (no pics, sorry)

Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Long Underwear (no pics, sorry)

Post by Hookup »

Looking to hear what people use to keep warm as far as under garments go. I have the BaseSlayer from SentLok, but am looking for something to on as an under-layer to that... i've looked into some silk-skin type products at MEC... to help wick moisture away from the body...

anyone have any suggestions on how to keep warmest...
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

anyone listening - p.collins.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Try Artic Armour...it is thin, light weight and wicks moisture away from the body very well. A great addition to layering. I also have a pair of thermo underwear I got from Crappy Tire a few years ago and is a great item as well and about 1/2 the cost as Artic Armour.
TMH
Participant
Participant

Re: Long Underwear (no pics, sorry)

Post by TMH »

Hookup wrote:Looking to hear what people use to keep warm as far as under garments go. I have the BaseSlayer from SentLok, but am looking for something to on as an under-layer to that... i've looked into some silk-skin type products at MEC... to help wick moisture away from the body...

anyone have any suggestions on how to keep warmest...
Bought some for the first time this year.. I went to bustakah and found some quality stuff (can't remember the name). I was skeptical but found that it really worked well. I find MEC over priced and would avoid that place.
hook&shoot
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by hook&shoot »

Merino wool best I have used so far and you can wear it next to skin w/o itching all day long as far as first layers go Kombi makes great ski/boarding stuff that dries very quickly and comes in different weights too.
H&S
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

thank you for the adivse. I did find a silk-set at MEC, but at $100+ for the set I have not bought it... plus the frigg'n +10 degree weather doesn't really make this a *need* right now... grrrr... get colder ya b**ch mother nature...

I'll look up those brands... I too had a set from crappy tire... I now can only find the pants.. the tag was cut out (prob by me), the knees and crotch have been patched... they were awesome.. but I cannot find them again... they were very low-priced... and worked pretty darn well...

I need something that is going to get the sweat away from me fast... I walk a lot when I hunt... stalking, but also just getting into the spots can, at times be a mile or more into the bush... I get hot and wet... then cold and miserable... bad mojo...

Tanks
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Got a set from COSTCO.

AWSOME.