50 cal

cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

50 cal

Post by cgates »

I'm looking for a 50 cal but don't want to spend an arm and a leg let me know boys thanks
Chris
hook&shoot
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by hook&shoot »

cgates,
Remington makes a nice reliable 50 cal muzzle loader which actually has a barrel forged by Traditions. Good gun a bit heavy and basic but under $350 CAD to start I believe.
H&S
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Traditions Pursuit at SIR for $389 CDN incl scope.

I would spring the extra $200 for a TC Omega with Stainless barrel if I were you...
kingfisher
Participant
Participant

50 cal

Post by kingfisher »

Have a look at the Savage 10ml II, it is expensive but an excellant firearm. If you don't usually need a quick reload for another shot you might just leave your other rifle at home.
paulslund
Participant
Participant

Post by paulslund »

I concur on the 10ML-II.

I've had one for two years and I love it. I especially love that I don't have to clean it after every shooting session (using smokeless powder, of course).

Paul.
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

Anybody else hear anything about the MNR scrapping the muzzle loader and controlled hunts for next year?? I have heard it from more than one person. If you are only going to use it for the muzzle loader season you may want to look into that before you buy one and find out there is no season in the upcoming year.

orrsey
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cgates »

Thanks for the heads up :)
Bait&Fate
Participant
Participant

Muzzleloader ...

Post by Bait&Fate »

Regarding the rumour of scrapping the muzzle loader for the deer hunting of 2010. See the link below. It appears that it is not omitted from the tentative MNR schedule for the 2010 and 2011 deer hunts:

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/MNR_E001319.pdf

Check your respective WMU zones ....

:wink:

I use a Remmington Genesis with laminate thumbhole stock and stainless steel barrel. A little heavier than my son's CVA but tames the recoil alittle more. Accuracy is right up there once you zone in on your right combination of charge and projectile. Total of 4 deer taken with it over the course of the past few hunting seasons. Must admit I do like what I read on the Savage ML. A consideration for a future up-grade
Bait&Fate
Participant
Participant

Muzzle Loader Season

Post by Bait&Fate »

Regarding the rumour of scrapping the muzzle loader for the deer hunting of 2010. See the link below. It appears that it is not omitted from the tentative MNR schedule for the 2010 and 2011 deer hunts:

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/MNR_E001319.pdf

Check your respective WMU zones .... :wink:

I use a Remmington Genesis with laminate thumbhole stock and stainless steel barrel. A little heavier than my son's CVA but tames the recoil alittle more. Accuracy is right up there once you zone in on your right combination of charge and projectile. Total of 4 deer taken with it over the course of the past few hunting seasons. Must admit I do like what I read on the Savage 10ML-II, Less smoke!! A consideration for a future up-grade. :wink:

Cheers
Buckshot
Participant
Participant

Post by Buckshot »

Do your self a favor and by the best you can with the money you have.

It will pay in the long run.

I went on the cheap side and i regreted it until i upgraded.

the quality of gun will realy show up in your grouping when target shooting.