Bear encounter Story

acadian
Participant
Participant

Bear encounter Story

Post by acadian »

Here is a story for you... I finally got permission to hunt with my gun for deer last weekend from private land owner... Picture this I'm alone in the mountain trying to get to a swamp on the top about 240 yard as I'm loaded with my 12 gauge sabot slugs 300 gr I hurdle over a stump and stop and look at what I thought was the swamp in the distance and at the same time I look at the hole 5 feet in front of me and look once again at the swamp ,from the corner of my right eye I see some movement in that darn hole... the hole is the size of my back... now keep in mind I'm 5 feet from this hole... I look at the darn hole and see black shinny fur thinking its a darn beaver... I point my Gun and look in my scope but of course I'm way to close to see out of this scope so I drop down my gun to my waste and then I see the darn fur move and out pop a 250lbs to 275lbd black f""""ng bear!!!!!! My body froze solid and my soul left the F:::::ng mountain leaving my body behind to deal with this... all this happened in 3 second flat... the F"""""ng thing came out like a lightning and if you think of it if I'm 5 feet away from this hole by the time the bear jump out and took a sharp right and ran all the moss flew on me!!!! Holly crap I had my finger on the trigger and safety off and I did not pull....this story does not end here... Finally my Soul came back to my body and I started running the opposite way for about 160 yards... I was in disbelief as to what had just happened.

When I got home Saturday evening I told my Son tomorrow you are coming bear hunting with me :)
Sunday 7am at the foot of the hill ready to go in...
I looked at My Son and said you know what you are a man now 21 here is the gun and let get that bear... 5 minutes in partridge up and gone to his left.... few minutes there goes another partridge... then my Son turns to me and says take the Gun Dad... Why I ask??? well Dad when the 1st partridge moved and flew away part of my body froze... then when the next one flew away I said to myself if a F'''''' ing bear jump out there is no way I will not freeze LMOA... I have to say all of this make for a great story and memories I will NEVER forget...Like Father Like Son I guess.
pikefisher2009
Participant
Participant

bear encounter story

Post by pikefisher2009 »

did you check your shorts when you got back to your vehicle,i know i would of poop my pants.
acadian
Participant
Participant

Post by acadian »

Even a human body can't react that fast to relieve itself :)
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

take me with you, I still have a bear tag to use up
Mr Twister
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mr Twister »

I can relate as last month I was with the girl friend in Gatineau park trail as we stoped off to take in the beauty I ask her to get the camera out and take a quick shot of me by the running water.
As she was setting up to take the shot I look behind her and no more then 30ft away the largest bear butt was stairing at me!!!
I grabed her hand and said lets go the other way and not see if its a nice bear!
I think the bear did not detect us was the sound of the water running and did not pick up our sent too.
Thats to close as you feel helpless with out any gun or security device!
wait till it happens to YOU!!!
Play safe; )

Paul
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

more bears have run away from me than I have run away from them. But it is one of the best adrenilane rushes when you have an unplanned encounter.
acadian
Participant
Participant

MLR

Post by acadian »

If this was my land no BS MLR you would be in 100%.

Ive been hunting this private land going on i think 4 years and only bow and never saw a bear and I'm one of those guys who pack a good luch as some times Im only to go in for a few hours and come out couple of days later... not because I got lost i have a few gps / compass I just love being in the bush more then side walks and always come out with more food then I brought in :) such as snow shoe rabbit / deer etc .

last year I got a small 6 point buck in about 2 miles and sure would be nice to have help to take it out of the bush... sure is alot of work... this year I finally got a carrier should make it much easier.

As for Gatineau hills lots of bears there... I fish Mitch lake every year...
Billy Bones
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Billy Bones »

Here's a bear encounter story for you. It took place in West Carleton a few years ago when there was still a spring hunt for black bear. Has been published, and is still on the net in Texas.

REMEMBER THE OLD INDIAN SAYING:

An eagle will see the leaf fall
A deer will hear the leaf fall
But a bear will smell the leaf fall

http://www.bowhunting.net/billjones/3bears.html

Billy Bones :D :lol: :D :lol:
acadian
Participant
Participant

Post by acadian »

That is a great story however, this one I belive is better as it happened in Carp Ont and I was only 5 feet from the hole as it came out... again only my soul was there LOL...