No more Le Baron for me.

Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

There must be two LeBaron's in Ottawa.... :? :?

Because I've never had any issues returning an item or whatever at the one on Merivale Rd , ......

As far as the service goes ....How much service do you need .. walk in and grab 5 white Big-o's and 5 white spinnerbaits and a bag of Gulp 5'' black sinking minnow..... 8) 8)
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I do have to wonder if LeBaron's paid the "advertising fee" if this over the top slaying of them on the site would continue.....

I personally shop at all the shops in my area...I have no issue with any of them, including LeBaron's.

RJ
The_Captain!
Participant
Participant

Post by The_Captain! »

Bass Addict wrote:There must be two LeBaron's in Ottawa.... :? :?

Because I've never had any issues returning an item or whatever at the one on Merivale Rd , ......

As far as the service goes ....How much service do you need .. walk in and grab 5 white Big-o's and 5 white spinnerbaits and a bag of Gulp 5'' black sinking minnow..... 8) 8)
That's about the only type of stuff anyone should buy there.

However, many people need service for lots of other stuff there...

-stuff that you order that takes longer than they said it would and when you call they have no idea about it at all,
-stuff that on the phone they tell you they have in stock but when you get there later that day they say they have been sold out for awhile now,
-stuff that you simply can't just grab (stuff in glass cases, gunshop etc.),
-stuff that they tell to bring back if defective but then won't help you when you do,

Really, its just normal everday retail customer service that the rest of the world has no problem doing but Lebaron's is ridiculously challenged by. Too many complaints... way too many.

Same deal with the Lebaron's near Toronto according to posts on other forums.
Wabler
Participant
Participant

Post by Wabler »

Someone saw an "All Sales Final" sign?

If true, isn't this usually a subtext to a "Going out of Business Sale" sign?

Lebaron's Swan Song?
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Ahem....

I was told, verbatim by one of their lovely employees that..

" We know we are the only big game in town, we couldn't care less if you or other people shop here or not, it makes no difference, we will continue to make money"....

You know I used to work at a pet store and hated how animals were referred to and treated as "product".

Makes me sick to think a store like LB's has an ingrained attitude where they could care less.

The small shops sweat blood and tears to try to be competitive and then a big store has such an arrogant, deplorable attitude towards customers.

I stayed true to my word and have not set foot in the place for just over a year....

Customer service sucks, knowledge sucks, bait selection is laughable because they sell the same stuff as CT or Wal-Mart..not the good stuff in the smaller stores...and don't get me started on what they call a "Gun SHOP"...HAHAHAHA!!!

I saw a guy trying to convince a newbie hunter that a .300 Win mag would be a good calibre for deer......WTF!!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

You should go work there Jimmy.....you seem to know it all... :lol: :lol:

I highly doubt they are going out of business.....they probably do in a year what all the small shops combined do......

Are you guys thrilled with the service you get at CT?...Wallyworld?...Futureshop?...Big Box stores are all the same...Been to BPS?...it's the same...Been to Gander Mountain?....worse...

Small shops are SOMETIMES good for service....but MOST of the time you pay more for it.

RJ
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

C'mon RJ,

Relaying what I was told....

As for guns....certain calibres for certain species.
a 300 win mag is a moose gun.

Yes you can argue that using a tailored round would be fine.
But the guy was new to hunting, had no idea, and would not have thought to have gone to Stittsville range etc to buy "lighter" rounds.

and yes I find CP's Wal-Mart to have way better service than LB's.
The_Captain!
Participant
Participant

Post by The_Captain! »

"Are you guys thrilled with the service you get at CT?...Wallyworld?...Futureshop?...Big Box stores are all the same...Been to BPS?...it's the same...Been to Gander Mountain?....worse... "

CT, Wally, Futureshop, BPS, Cabela's etc.... all do a way better job of customer service. Not even in the same ballpark...
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Simply put,

LB's is the kinda place you either love or hate....

I think we can all agree on that....

Now to be fair some guys on here are regs and as such get treated like gold, others who are not so well known get treated like......
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I guess I just have a lesser set of expectations when I walk in a store....any store.....

RJ
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

RJ wrote:I guess I just have a lesser set of expectations when I walk in a store....any store.....

RJ
Is that not the same for your beer as well RJ??? :lol: :lol:
The_Captain!
Participant
Participant

Post by The_Captain! »

Jimmy from the Valley wrote:Simply put,

LB's is the kinda place you either love or hate....

I think we can all agree on that....

Now to be fair some guys on here are regs and as such get treated like gold, others who are not so well known get treated like......
I USED TO LOVE LEBARON's... as a kid!...

Now that I'm buying more expensive items that I used my dollars for I have a different opinion about that "store".

Everybody loves that "store" until they get $#@&%$ by them.

So, the "rule of thumb" is don't buy anything from Lebaron's that if it breaks you won't care.

I and many others have learnt that the hard way.
The_Captain!
Participant
Participant

Post by The_Captain! »

RJ wrote:I guess I just have a lesser set of expectations when I walk in a store....any store.....

RJ
How about when the stuff you buy doesn't work?

When I buy new firearms I expect them to work. THAT'S JUST ME I GUESS.

When you buy new from Lebaron's and they don't work they tell you to f#@k off! How would you run a store, RJ? When the guns you sell don't work... you'll find people aren't too happy with that.

Me, I haven't heard back... so I went and took what I was owed.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

The_Captain! wrote: Me, I haven't heard back... so I went and took what I was owed.

:shock:

Really??? Just grabbed it and walked out???
TMH
Participant
Participant

Post by TMH »

The_Captain! wrote:

RJ
How about when the stuff you buy doesn't work?

When I buy new firearms I expect them to work. THAT'S JUST ME I GUESS.

When you buy new from Lebaron's and they don't work they tell you to f#@k off! How would you run a store, RJ? When the guns you sell don't work... you'll find people aren't too happy with that.

Me, I haven't heard back... so I went and took what I was owed.
What was wrong with your gun?