No more Le Baron for me.

defa0009
Participant
Participant

No more Le Baron for me.

Post by defa0009 »

I want to share this experience so that other people don't go through what I went through.

The wife bought me a bunch of gear at Le Baron here in Ottawa. She spent over $1000. A couple of items I knew I wouldn't use so I went in to return them and they wouldn't take them back. The items were un-opened but they continued to explain their no return policy to me and then the manager felt he had to step and repeat it all over again. To say the least I was a little upset with thier lack of customer appreciation.

Then I put all that in the past and I go in at a later date to buy a shotgun, a rifle, scope, 2 cases, a sling, and a bunch of ammo, well over 2K I'm looking to spend. Well the guy that helped me had no idea what guns they had in stock and he was always interested in talking to his co-workers and leaving me at the end of the counter with a bunch of guns un-attended. So I kindly said thanks alot and left.

With bad service and a no return policy that is the last time I go to this store. From now on I will be making an annual trip to the Cabela's in Montreal.

If you have had any bad experience with Le Baron please share it.

I miss the good ole' days when Laurentian Trading Post was around.
pikefisher2009
Participant
Participant

no more lebarons for me

Post by pikefisher2009 »

i dont like going there either the customer service sucks ,the only thing i do buy is shell ,they advertise stuff they dont have.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Lebaron's

My favourite Fishing store .... :wink: 8)
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Can you post the address for the montreal Cabela's store for us?

Your next rant might be that Cabela's put their store and a very hard to find location.

I too have had more poor experiences at lebaron's than positive, but I can't think of any place that has given 100 % customer satisfaction.

Let lebaron's continue as they are, there poor service has contributed to many of the smaller outdoors businesses successes.

Welcome aboard to fish hawk, check out the vendors corner on here. You might not need to drive to Montreal to find out that Cabela's bought a store in Manitoba and never did build one in Montreal.
acadian
Participant
Participant

Up date on Lebaron Service

Post by acadian »

I too had very bad experience... The rumour has it Xmas Holiday scam to get the Wife's etc who don't have lot's of knowledge of products : A friend of a friend says they know the owner personally and they ensure only to keep one higher brand / model in stock so when Friends / family members go to buy Xmas present they feel "O well if they don't have the 50.00 item the 60.00 plus one will be better and the gift should be that much better"
In a sense that could be right and the gift receiver should be more happy however, that to me is wrong...
wheresdad
Participant
Participant

Re: No more Le Baron for me.

Post by wheresdad »

defa0009 wrote: The items were un-opened but they continued to explain their no return policy to me and then the manager felt he had to step and repeat it all over again.
I agree that they have poor, uninterested customer service, I have experienced it multiple times. Plus their systems are archaic. However, I have not had a problem returning items 3 separate times over the last year (impulse buy, regret purchase, return). Each time I came back within 10 business days with the receipt. I think that is their policy but it may be different for special sales.

To me it's an option but absolutely not a first choice.
defa0009
Participant
Participant

Post by defa0009 »

Now they have a sign posted on the door "All sales are final".

If a few guys had some capital to spare Ottawa would be a great place to open a nice top notch Outdoors store.

Not sure if Cabelas actually did open in Montreal... there was talk about it back in 2007 and there was even a press release that they would. If not http://www.WholesaleSports.com seems pretty good for ordering online and they are based in Calgary.
hook&shoot
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by hook&shoot »

Lat thing I heard,Cabella's deal in Mtl. fell through.Another US company that was not willing to dance the Bill101 dance :cry:
H&S
Bait&Fate
Participant
Participant

Wholesale Sports

Post by Bait&Fate »

I believe the correct link to the Canadian site is:

http://www.wholesalesports.com/storefront/locator.ep

For the Wholesale Sports Outfitters

:wink:

Have not dealt with them personally but have ordered from S.I.R ... Now Cabelas located in Winnipeg. Ordered a couple of items with no problem. Even returned one item .. No issues with the customer service (though then S.I.R). I try to partisan local bussiness where possible and have had great service from the likes of Al's corner store near Galetta. Also "That Hunting Store" in Richmond. And many others listed on this site. The smaller establishments that seem to be founded on the doctrine .. "Customer Service ... No 1". A prime ingredient to success. Along the way some larger organizations seem to have diluted that with a "what is good for the bottom line policy". Yeah, the likes of Le Baron offer a great selection in certain areas of our recreation but by not addressing an obvious growing customer dis-satisfaction as stated on this site, It will certainly affect their bottom line one hopes.

Just my 2 Cents worth .....

:wink:
Buck Fever
Participant
Participant

Post by Buck Fever »

I don't shop at Lebaron's anymore. They ignored me when I was ready to purchase a $700 gun I will not go back unless absolutely necessary. I do like Als and also purchase from another local guy http://canadianextreme.com I haven't tried "That Hunting Store" but heard it was the same guy as Ottawa Archery so I won't be visiting that establishment. :roll:
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

I have several bad experiences at Lebaron's... I also chose them as absoltely last on my list, and only buy there when I cannot find what I need other places.

The issue however, seems to be the Ottawa Lebaron, which is not their HeadQuarters. A buddy wanted a .270 last year that lebaron's advertised but couldn't get. He found it in one of the ones in Toronto area just by calling around as part of price checking. When he went to back to the Ottawa location he informed them that the gun he asked for was instock and on-hold in the Toronto area store. They told him they do not do store-to-store inventory transfers and he would have to order one from them thru the manufacture. He left in a huff (I know, I was there for this conversation) and called the Toronto store, basically to yell at them for putting something on hold that could not be transfered to Ottawa...
Where they told him, the Ottawa store is full of $hit, and to go back to the store in 3 days where the gun will be at the store, with his name on it, waiting for him, with a discount.

He went back in 3 days, it was there, as promised.

Ottawa Lebarons needs about 6months of intensive training on customer service.

http://www.thathuntingstore.com/ is the first place I go to get my gear now that they are open. Big store, big selection, friendly staff, huge indoor archery range... It's the best in our area for my needs, and way closer than Montreal... (though there are many great vendors on this forum as well, also closer than montreal).
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

I have posted a post about this...someone else did...some one else did..and so on and so on and so on...it even got the " Don't beat a dead horse " award I think. Most people do not have positive experiences with it but it is still open so it must be good enough to go back to for the last option as it must have the last option available.
You will find the odd person on here who has never had a problem there but they must be buying fishing line or socks :lol:
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

almontefisher wrote:I have posted a post about this...someone else did...some one else did..and so on and so on and so on...it even got the " Don't beat a dead horse " award I think. Most people do not have positive experiences with it but it is still open so it must be good enough to go back to for the last option as it must have the last option available.
You will find the odd person on here who has never had a problem there but they must be buying fishing line or socks :lol:
Pete, is beating a dead horse legal ?

Just kidding
defa0009
Participant
Participant

Post by defa0009 »

I'm glad that we are "beating a dead horse" in this case... people work hard for their money and personally I appreciate a business that's appreciates my business.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

My FAVORITE store too!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: